• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your favorite video game soundtrack?

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
I myself absolutely love music, especially instrumental. Music is basically my life. I play the Bass Clarinet in my concert band, listen to music on a hourly basis, and when it comes to video games, whether or not I like a game weighs HEAVILY on the soundtrack.

Now, I'm not going to post my favorite soundtrack, mostly because I love pretty much anything, from the foreboding atmosphere of Terra's Theme from Final Fantasy VI, adventurous feel of Nate's Theme from Uncharted 2, the jazzy fast-paced action of Big Blue (F-Zero), to even the lighthearted rhythms of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky's Treasure Town. I don't have a favorite, because I love it all so much!

So I want to know your favorite soundtracks, or even just songs from a game, and why you love them so much.

(Just as a, FYI, I actually hate modern American music and rap, which is the reason why I prefer instrumentals)

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
(Just as a, FYI, I actually hate modern American music and rap, which is the reason why I prefer instrumentals)
Check out Nujabes, he made some damn good instrumentals and might change how you feel about rap.

My favorite soundtrack is Jet Set Radio. Or you could say anything by Hideki Naganuma, really.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Sonic has some of my favorite soundtracks in gaming, especially during the Adventure era.

The Mega Man X/Mega Man ZX series are right up there with Sonic.

And I can't forget about Castlevania. SotN and the DS series have among the best tracks in the series.

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I myself absolutely love music, especially instrumental. Music is basically my life. I play the Bass Clarinet in my concert band, listen to music on a hourly basis, and when it comes to video games, whether or not I like a game weighs HEAVILY on the soundtrack.

Now, I'm not going to post my favorite soundtrack, mostly because I love pretty much anything, from the foreboding atmosphere of Terra's Theme from Final Fantasy VI, adventurous feel of Nate's Theme from Uncharted 2, the jazzy fast-paced action of Big Blue (F-Zero), to even the lighthearted rhythms of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky's Treasure Town. I don't have a favorite, because I love it all so much!

So I want to know your favorite soundtracks, or even just songs from a game, and why you love them so much.

Your last statement with parenthesis there is exactly how I feel. Don't care, I listen to Susumu Hirasawa. Not embarrassed at all. In fact, I prefer instrumentals as well. Also, Joe Hisaishi is a genius.

Last edited:

DoomCake196

Smash Apprentice
I know this is SMASHboards but my favorite soundtrack is also from the game franchise that is tied to be my favorite( with San of course) and its street fighter 2. Come on, it's guiles theme

PlayfulMushroom

Smash Apprentice
Grim Fandango definitely has the best music out of all the games I've played. It creates a magical atmosphere and just fits the game so well. One of the reasons why this game is my all-time favorite. I also love the music in games such as MGS3, SOTN and UC2, but they can't beat Grim ;)

Last edited:

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
MadWorld has one of the most under-appreciated soundtracks in a game. I don't know why I love it as much as I do, since I normally dislike the genre, but something about it just sounds so good.
Monster Hunter has some of the best songs I've ever heard in a game, ranging from the peaceful village themes to the high intensity of Zingore and Brachydios' themes. It has songs that make you truly feel like you're going against gods, and songs that are just rewarding to listen to.

DarkAuraful

Torpid Dragon
I myself absolutely love music, especially instrumental. Music is basically my life. I play the Bass Clarinet in my concert band
Nice. I play the Bass Clarinet in my concert band too! Anyways, my favorite soundtracks have to be from games that I love ALL the music in. So let's here, from the bottom of my head, there's Melee, Pesona 4, FE Birthright and KH2 (omg especially HD remix).

Mother 3 and Xenoblade have some really nice sounding track too.

Top Bottom