• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's your biggest weaknes???

R-E-D

Smash Rookie
I cant beat Rosalina no matter what I try, she either spaces so I can't get to her, or when i defeat luma she runs away and i cant keep up. How do you guys die.

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Get rid of Luma.

If she runs away she eventually has no more stage control. If she rolls, punish it, if she goes for a grab, spotdodge and punish, if she jumps, punish it with Ness' F-air.

Rosalina without Luma loses a lot of kill power and even more importantly she loses a lot of range. She can be juggled and best of all throwing her off the stage and edgeguarding her adds on a lot of damage.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Knocking off Luma is all you need against most players since most Rosalina players honestly are not that good at all without Luma, but with players who are good with Solo Rosalina and therefore don't care if Luma gets knocked off (and will even purposefully bait you into trying to take him out so they can punish you), or players who are good at using Luma as a second player, there really isn't any advice to give besides having good fundamentals and being patient and careful to attempt to outplay them.

Zonderion

Smash Ace
NNID
Zonderion
I know most Rosalina's don't have an issue with Little Mac. But he is my freaking weakness. In not talking about these noob players on FG. I'm talking about people who are actually good with him. I recently placed 3rd in a tournament. The only matches I lost were to Little Mac. I didn't even lose a game to any other character.

I came across this video of Little Mac the other day, and the guys I played against, played similar.

https://youtu.be/ZWEOx_dVNaY

Any one have any suggestions against GOOD Little Macs?

BTW, the same player beat me twice. The first time he 2 stocked me 2 games in a row. When I played him later in the tournament I at least took him to game 3.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I know most Rosalina's don't have an issue with Little Mac. But he is my freaking weakness. In not talking about these noob players on FG. I'm talking about people who are actually good with him. I recently placed 3rd in a tournament. The only matches I lost were to Little Mac. I didn't even lose a game to any other character.

I came across this video of Little Mac the other day, and the guys I played against, played similar.

https://youtu.be/ZWEOx_dVNaY

Any one have any suggestions against GOOD Little Macs?
Patience is a virtue really. Punish him as soon as he attacks you and misses, or even bait him into going for Luma to set up an opening for you to punish. Then toss him up into the air and deal some aerial combos, though if you don't keep him in hitstun, it can be wise to delay your next attack, as he will likely try to Slip Counter you. If you delay your attack and let him do that, it's great, because it cancels his aerial momentum and you just get a free hit. Little Mac will also try to Slip Counter you if you are trying KO him off the side or gimp him off the side, as it doubles as his best recovery option when it hits. Since that's always something you can be sure he will do, especially if he isn't above the stage's level (in which case, it's generally his ONLY viable recovery option), you just delay your attack, and then when you do hit him, it's a guaranteed KO. Or if you wanna be REAL nasty, he's incredibly easy to footstool in the air. This can even be used on stage if you want to set up for a D-air bounce, or even for a U-air from a separated Luma.

Top Bottom