• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's up smashboards?!

Chef Wendell

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! New to the community. I have been playing smash since 64, and has always been one of my favorite games.

Up until maybe a year ago I had NO idea there was even a smash community! I found out about it from watching streams on twitch. I was amazed at how popular the game still is and the amount of people supporting it.

I haven't ever played seriously or on a competitive level, but would one day like to. I watch as many tourneys as I can, not only for the enjoyment factor but to learn lingo and get a feel for how people play.

Looking forward to surfing these forums and learning all there is to know about this amazing game!

Gatlin

cactus in the valley that's about to crumble down.
Heyy Wendell welcome to the forums! :088: ~Awesome that you found us.

Whenever you decide to get more into the scene and improve your game in general, you should definitely start by attending events in California. You can find those here. Playing in person is a great way to both meet new people to play with and learn things you may have not known before.

Btw, you can customize your postbit (information underneath your avatar) by highlighting your name in the top right corner and clicking on "Personal Details". Here you can add things such as your main characters for each game (which will display a small icon under your name) and things such as your friend code, network ID, etc.

Hope you have fun whenever you decide to get involved in your scene and enjoy your stay on the forums~ :teemo:

Top Bottom