• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the worst lag you've ever experienced?

Nowaytoeatatater

Smash Ace
Random Wi-Fi match on Bridge of Eldin. I started lagging, and, after about 3 minutes, got thirsty, and went to get a drink. I got some tea, came back, and was still at that point. I drank most of my tea, then went to GameFAQs to post about the lag, but I was warned, so I couldn't. I then went back, finished off my tea, and about 5 minutes later, that huge wave of lag passed. Of course, there were more huge lags to come.

That 2-minute match took over an hour.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
there are 2 that i can remember. one like 2 weeks after the game came out my friend down the street with the same isp provider.

whats suppose to be a 3 stock match lasted 45 mins. and we tried to suicide xDDD

the other was worse. it was a lag of 3 seconds every 1 sec. so 1second in real life = 3 secs in the game.

tourny match too. online one. i went got a hotdog and soda, came back. wasnt hit.

went upstair for my ipod touch came down and zomggg wolfs blaster hit me. lolo i gave up that match

Zema

Smash Journeyman
Random Wi-Fi match on Bridge of Eldin. I started lagging, and, after about 3 minutes, got thirsty, and went to get a drink. I got some tea, came back, and was still at that point. I drank most of my tea, then went to GameFAQs to post about the lag, but I was warned, so I couldn't. I then went back, finished off my tea, and about 5 minutes later, that huge wave of lag passed. Of course, there were more huge lags to come.

That 2-minute match took over an hour.
Sounds like an epic battle.

Steck

Smash Journeyman
With Anyone- Castle Siege- Me (Toon Link), a Sonic, and a Ike (or maybe it was a Falco, I can't recall)- it was so bad none of us could really do anything- but we insisted that this battle keep going. At one point I just decided that it was not worth the effort to go from the top of the stage to the bottom, So I stood there for a while till sonic started to come up.
I forget who won- It was ether me or falcoike

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
1 vs. 1 FC~The match completely stopped. The controller kept rumbling for about 10 minutes.

DragnSlayr

Smash Apprentice
I've had two. One when I was playing as Dark Toon Link on Halberd, and one while I was playing as Shadow Meta Knight (or dark whichever you prefer XP) on Castle Siege. the matches lasted 25-30 minutes. XD

Noxity

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2723-9582-2577
Five second attack delay. That match took forever.​

Lord Aether

Smash Apprentice
Worst overall lag was with some guy in Singapore.
Worst lag moment is today, taking two minutes for the opening frames of aether to wear off. Wasn't that bad, since it got disconnected later.

127crazie

Smash Journeyman
Well, in 28 out of 30 matches I've played online, each and every one freezes after 5 seconds in and disconnects five minutes later. I can't actually complete a whole match.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Random fight, lagged to a stop for 5 mins, and disconnected. In friend battles, Ive had 5 second lags with one person.

Top Bottom