• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the perk?

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
So far every Newcomer has had their special gimmick. Villager has his pockets, Rosalina can force her children into battle, and Little Mac has a KO meter (That made him lose tournament legality I assume. Competitives are so picky!). What about WFT? Is her gimmick simply the fact that she's from Wii Fit? Or that she has no gimmick. So far she looks as simple/boring as Mario variety-wise.

...Still gonna use her.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
First, she obvi doesn't need any gimmick to be awesome. :p But yeah, I am wondering what it (If anything) could be.

For some reason, I get the impression she'll be a temporary stat boost character. As you may know, there are two unknown animations that look like deep breathing and sun salutation. These could very well be "stat boosters"

For instance (This idea is bad, but what initially came to mind) she might run on some sort of energy, and would get tired, making her perform overall less effectively, and would need to recharge with deep breathing or sun salutation. I'd hate if this were true, but hey, just bringing it up. > , >

Another thing is that sun salutation/deep breathing could temporarily make her faster, or make her next attack/smash attack more powerful, or heal a bit of health. Very gimmicky and I could see happening. Otherwise, sun salutation is a sun-like projectile or a really stupid attack. > _ >

Those are my thoughs for gimmicky things she could have. But I get the impression Sakurai would've mentioned something by now if she was going to have some big gimmick. I guess he did mention she's going to randomly give out health tips/exercise talk mid battle, so that's pretty unique, and really cool IMO. and trollish. XD

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
First, she obvi doesn't need any gimmick to be awesome. :p But yeah, I am wondering what it (If anything) could be.

For some reason, I get the impression she'll be a temporary stat boost character. As you may know, there are two unknown animations that look like deep breathing and sun salutation. These could very well be "stat boosters"

For instance (This idea is bad, but what initially came to mind) she might run on some sort of energy, and would get tired, making her perform overall less effectively, and would need to recharge with deep breathing or sun salutation. I'd hate if this were true, but hey, just bringing it up. > , >

Another thing is that sun salutation/deep breathing could temporarily make her faster, or make her next attack/smash attack more powerful, or heal a bit of health. Very gimmicky and I could see happening. Otherwise, sun salutation is a sun-like projectile or a really stupid attack. > _ >

Those are my thoughs for gimmicky things she could have. But I get the impression Sakurai would've mentioned something by now if she was going to have some big gimmick. I guess he did mention she's going to randomly give out health tips/exercise talk mid battle, so that's pretty unique, and really cool IMO. and trollish. XD
Deep Breathing could be a Neutral Special. "Breathe in…" *fighters are pulled towards her* "…Breathe out…" *fighters are forcefully blown away*

Sun Salutation's most likely a side tilt that burns upon contact of the "Mini Sun".

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Deep Breathing could be a Neutral Special. "Breathe in…" *fighters are pulled towards her* "…Breathe out…" *fighters are forcefully blown away*

Sun Salutation's most likely a side tilt that burns upon contact of the "Mini Sun".
That deep brething idea sounds unique, but I personally hope that wouldn't be how it works. As it seems like a bad idea to bring them to you while doing a possibly lengthy animation with no damage properties unless you could act ANY time during the animation. (< Which wolud be interesting, actually...)

As for side tilt being sun salutation, I'd guess not as we've already gotten a look into all of her grounded A moves, and I'm quite certain this one shown (Below) in Sm4sh clips would be side tilt.

EDIT; I just noticed, in sm4sh, her model seems a bit more... "curvy" and her limbs are very slightly longer. :O Or so it seems. > , >

Last edited:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
That deep brething idea sounds unique, but I personally hope that wouldn't be how it works. As it seems like a bad idea to bring them to you while doing a possibly lengthy animation with no damage properties unless you could act ANY time during the animation. (< Which wolud be interesting, actually...)

As for side tilt being sun salutation, I'd guess not as we've already gotten a look into all of her grounded A moves, and I'm quite certain this one shown (Below) in Sm4sh clips would be side tilt.

EDIT; I just noticed, in sm4sh, her model seems a bit more... "curvy" and her limbs are very slightly longer. :O Or so it seems. > , >
I guess she lost weight…if that's still possible. And for the Deep Breathing, she could always hyperventilate to speed it up!

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Oh god, I just noticed how HORRIBLE and unnatural does her hip look....

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Your Gluteal muscles disappear? D:

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Well from currernt observation it may not be a obvious but allot of her moves have great hit boxes. even hitting behind her like the forward smash i would say shes a safe choice as in her moves don't have to much risk when executing.

Skyle

Smash Rookie
Maybe she could have some sort of 'Fitness Level' gimmick.

For example, she would have maybe around 100 of this 'Fitness Level' and she would gain around 5 fitness for using one of her non-special moves like her smashes and tilt attacks. After using an attack, lets use the Forward smash as an example, she would gain 5 fitness level but if she was to use the same move a second time in quick succession, she would gain a smaller amount, maybe 3 Fitness Level the second time and 1 Fitness Level the next several times until she uses a different attack to encourage you to not spam the same moves.

At let values of Fitness Level, she could possibly gain a small boost to damage, movement speed, and maybe even attack animation speed.
Example, she has 0 Fitness Level, she uses the forward smash (Without charging it up) and it deals 9 damage. Later, she has 20 fitness level and used the forward smash and it deals 11 damage (Without charging it up.)

The Fitness could decay over several seconds, maybe 2 per 3 seconds, if she is moving it could decay slower, maybe 1 per 3 seconds. If the Wii Fit Trainer hit they could lose a small chunk of Fitness and if the Trainer gets knocked down onto the ground the Fitness Level could rapidly decay so that the Trainer is not constantly at full power.

I don't know, I think that even a small gimmick like that would be pretty interesting, you'd have to make sure to use a variety of attacks and constantly avoid enemy attacks with her high mobility to ensure that you can always perform at your best.

Sort of what BJN39 was saying before, maybe the Wii Fit Trainer could also have some sort of short term enhancement, possibly a meditation, that the Trainer could use to instantly generate a small chunk of Fitness Level and cause the next attack to deal a chunk of bonus damage if it hits and also generate another large Chunk of Fitness, on a small cool down, of course.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Would deep breathing qualify for this now? I was curious about this perk stuff myself.

Top Bottom