• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the most consistent way to hit knees?

Hubbles

Smash Rookie
I'm no good at this game at all yet, but I'm having decent success with some strings, but I can't for the life of me consistently get knees.

I get one every 3rd or so match, it's just sooooooooooooo hard.

Am I doing something wrong? Dthrow to knee is the ones I hit the most, but I hear you guys talking about uair to knee which has never once worked out for me, how do you do that?

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Uair to knee is done by hitting a grounded opponent with the Uair and landing at the same time, then jumping to knee. It works on most characters at around 40-80%

Aside from that the most consistent way to land knees I have found is by baiting airdodges. It can be done out of Dthrow (someone posted a thread with a video of it), but any juggle situation works.

My personal favorite is when you Fthrow them near the ledge and you dash to them like you're going to use dash attack, they drift backward and airdodge offstage, then you just run off the edge and knee them.

PS : next time you have a question you might want to post it in the Q&A thread.

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
Around 60-80% you can dair->knee on alot of the cast. True combo.

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
Dair to Knee works pretty often but quite often can often be air dodged out of. It's also especially hard with small characters like Pikachu
There is a range where it is a guaranteed combo on every character. I'll have to look up the exact % but I know it can be done. I'll test it again on training for good measure. You can tell by the combo counter in training mode.

Paul the Octopus

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4012-4913-3001
There is a range where it is a guaranteed combo on every character. I'll have to look up the exact % but I know it can be done. I'll test it again on training for good measure. You can tell by the combo counter in training mode.
Is there a safe way to land the dair though? I hardly ever use dair except as a spike off-stage, given the frame disadvantage on it, but I may be missing / misusing it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
1. Down Throw > Knee

2. Falling Up Air > Knee

3. Wait for a spotdodge/roll/laggy move from someone sitting on a platform above you > Knee

4. Jab > Jab > Knee (one trick pony status)

5. Bait airdodge > Knee

6. Nair/Bair (low percents) > Knee

7. Dair (good luck with this) > Knee

8. Rising Knee from ledge (for those who get too close)

Last edited:
Top Bottom