• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the input difference between the hydrograb and f/dsmash Hydroplaning?

Bleeper Hit

Smash Cadet
I switch in and out between the two and i can't really tell what I'm doing different. Hydrograb
has a lighter "feel" to it when I try to do it.

Bleeper Hit

Smash Cadet
Go read the guides then.

@TCranter: I thought you needed the shield buttons to charge f and d smash hydroplane, is there another way to do it?

Toby.

Smash Master
for fsmash:

Run
Pivot
Press and hold original direction on C-Stick
Press and hold Z to charge.

With dsmash I use Z to charge as well.

Chok: Hydrograb is a grab that slides the same distance as hydroplaned moves. Unlike the others it always seems to move at max speed. Unfortunately the grab range isn't increased past the standard animation length, but the effect is that you can grab somebody in the middle of final destination and still dthrow them from the edge. It greatly increases squirtles kill potential.

It's also slightly easier and safer because a) you use the pivot as a means of baiting a missed attack and b) if you miss you often slide past them very quickly.

Top Bottom