• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the current Smash scene situation in NYC?

madiaz3

Smash Apprentice
Hey everyone,

Reviving my Smashboards account on the heels of Smash Ultimate's release after about 10 years. I was heavily into Melee/Brawl back in 2004-2008 but I wasn't well known by any means. I remember spending a lot of time at web2zone when Brawl came out for weeklies.

In life I've always been more of an organizer than just a participant, but I didn't exactly have any resources at my disposal back in my teens.

I am currently a manager of a very unique studio space that I believe could have some potential as a Smash hub in a central/accessible location of Manhattan. But I don't want to get too crazy with the idea until I know the lay of the land. Ideally I'd love to talk/meet/collab with some of the current organizers local to NYC. I'll be writing up a more detailed thread of what I envision my idea to be in a day or too and share to see what people think.

Thanks,
Marvin

Last edited:

Gator

Smash Cadet
Do you use Facebook? I'm a TO from NY and I know a few other TO's from that area you could talk to.

FizzyDizzy

Smash Rookie
I'm in for a tournament! We should Probably start a discord group to organize if this actually happens

Wumbo105

Smash Ace
I'm in...you'd think a huge city like this there would be more action but damn it's dead around here.

JonaManatee

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm in as well! Been trying to find people to smash with.

If you're not quite ready to use the studio space, I'd be willing to host some people as well at my apartment in Astoria, Queens to test the waters. It isn't the biggest, but it's enough for me to host at least a decent chunk of people (we've had something like 15 people in our living room at one point) for a small tourney or some friendlies.

In any case, if anyone's trying to meet smashers in nyc, slide into my dms

4Eyez226

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm in as well! Been trying to find people to smash with.

If you're not quite ready to use the studio space, I'd be willing to host some people as well at my apartment in Astoria, Queens to test the waters. It isn't the biggest, but it's enough for me to host at least a decent chunk of people (we've had something like 15 people in our living room at one point) for a small tourney or some friendlies.

In any case, if anyone's trying to meet smashers in nyc, slide into my dms
I'm also in Astoria! If you do end up hosting sessions let me know sir! I'll def attend some.

Top Bottom