• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's the best way to reduce lag?

SmashSwordsman

Smash Rookie
Hey, I've been playing more For Glory trying to improve, and I've had noticeable lag affect my games. This usually only happens with characters with a lot of special effects. Shulk makes the most lag because of the switching Arts and the glowing from the Art he chooses.

If you know any ways to reduce lag, please tell me.

Thanks!

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Oh, hello!
There is really no way to improve your lag significantly other than just getting a faster internet with more upload.
One of the hints I can give you is to get a LAN Adapter if you want to use wired connection instead of wireless, which is much more reliable and has much less interference, but if you're playing against someone in another continent, I am afraid it's not magically gonna turn your 200ms ping into 20ms.

Also, if you want to improve, I would suggest going to Smashladder instead, thanks to more reliable connections, the ability to better choose your opponents and the higher skill cap. Good luck!

Top Bottom