• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's next isn't even a question. Just keep playing.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
A question: Do you enjoy Project M?
The answer, if you're here, is most likely yes.

So why is it even a question of what the future of the game will be?
The answer is the same as it's always been (since 1998, I'd argue).
Play the game that you enjoy. Be involved in the community that you enjoy.
Host and attend tournaments. Get salty over money matches with your friends.
Play Smash. Make friends.

If you love Project M, just keep playing it. Netplay is alive and well. The metagame can finally stabilize. Previously unexplored characters can now be fully developed. The game can now be richer than it ever has been.
Just because the PMDT disbanded doesn't mean that all of the tournament organizers and players disappeared.

There's no reason to be dramatic. Just play the game. Have fun. And if you're done with it, move on. That's fine too. But if you're worried that [the PMDT killed the game], that's just outright false. It's all on us, the players. Don't forget. :)

---

- I think the community standard for tournaments should be focused around 3.6. If the "New PMDT" succeeds in its mission to release an update, it should be MINOR balance tweaks and essential bugfixes, nothing more. From there the game should be left alone. If they do have the knowledge to fully implement Knuckles, it should not be at the cost of huge changes.

- I don't think there's a legal or Nintendo-related reason for the disbandment. Project M is not illegal, it never has been, and if it was, it would have died long ago. It's more likely that the VOLUNTEERS that have been working on this mod for 6 years with NO PAY simply have other things in their lives that they need to focus on. The trade is arcane enough that it's hard to sustain without those key players. On top of that, PMDT politics were notoriously bad, and I wouldn't be surprised if they collapsed on themselves."

Top Bottom