• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What's new?

fwb

Smash Cadet
Hi all,
I've been out of the smash scene for about a year and a half, and was wondering what has changed meta-wise in the eyes of a D3 player. I see he has dropped a bit in the tier rankings. From a little bit of searching and skimming, I can see a couple little new things were discovered, but nothing too significant. Wondering if I should pick him back up or just start anew with MK (still not banned despite no weaknesses found, really??).

I still owe a big thanks to this board though, thanks to some studying here I used to be able to place 3rd-4th regularly in tournaments while having very little time to train on my own (maybe 5 hrs of friendlies per month).

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
As a whole D3 hasn't changed a great deal. There are some fun tricks we can do but the overall concept of the character hasn't changed. It is because of this and his many bad MUs that a lot of people have left DDD. He' still a good character.

And honestly you just need to play him again to determine whether you should keep maining him. Learning MK and being to play him competitively wont be easy because Mk is the first character everyone learns to fight against.

Also MK has weaknesses and shouldnt be banned. Banning a character isnt really going to make things better. Its just that his strengths are so extreme that he is on the top of the tier list.

If you have any questions or whatever feel free to ask them in the Q and A thread. I'm always here to help folks.

- TC

:phone:

Top Bottom