• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whats happened to this game?

Ssbunbalanced

Smash Rookie
Heads up could not remember my old accounts password so made this fitting name.

i stopped playing alittle after joker was introduced. But i use to enjoy the game very much. Ive been a smasher since gamecube. But life happens and ive been gone a while.

i start it up again a month ago and see the new characters, ok cool at first i thought. Ive been playing a few hours here and there and am getting down how to fight them but at the end if the day alot of these characters are degenerates.

Pythra is overpowered in my opinion, her abilities are just to much to handle with not enough end lag they ko my bowser easy at like 80%?

sephiroths sword is way to long, i mean its reach is ridiculous and he gas abilities to keep you at bay along with a counter... so getting in on a competent sephirothis near impossible. You’re really depending entirely on him making a mistake to punish.

Sora for me is the worse. He basically has unlimited sky time and zero end lag. You have to get in to do some damage but every sora wants you to go rush in so they can spam their two abilities.And then on top of that they can just stall certain characters indefinitely under the stage. Id rather leave and get banned then give them a win.

oh and let me add hero to this list, like the devs need to know that not every character with an arsenal of projectiles needs a sword and like i promise they dont.

it just seems these characters all encourage spammy degenerate play this games balance was never perfect but these new characters have ruined it for me. They are everywhere and extremely spammy and very unfun to fight. Id like an oldschool mode where we can only use characters that were at release.

Last edited:

Linkmain-maybe

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-1042-6735-2236
Pyra has an exploitable recovery, one fair offstage and they die. They also have bad grabs so it’s okay to just shield Mythra in the corner. Not Pyra at super high % though. Aegis is pretty much all but confirmed to be best in the games at this point so there isn’t much I could say.

Sephiroth dies at like 70% and has lacking close quarter, pressure him. He also has slender hitboxes so jumping over them works if he is looking for you running at him and running under them works if he reads a full hop. I would just recommend slowly approaching with shield while watching out for down smash so you don’t die at literally 0%.

Sora is you just whiff punishing and reading jumps. He also dies at 70% so you only need to win neutral as bowser like two times. You could shield a lot because tomahawk grabs and running grabs are mostly reactable even online unless at high % because he has 3 kill throws but your bowser so it doesn’t matter. The only thing that you need to really be good at is mixing up your recovery because Sora has a million ways to kill you offstage.

Hero has a MP meter and struggles up close, pressure him and waste his MP on whoosh OOS and recovering. He also has poor safety on shield so you sit in shield because his grabs aren’t amazing. His projectiles are great but they take a lot of MP and they are laggy on whiff.

Most of these characters have lag, its just hard to punish online.

TL;DR Practice a lot and these MU’s get easier as you understand what most players want from their character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom