• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

whats a good starter?

MR.GAME AND WATCH GUY

Smash Cadet
NNID
HelloImAToad
3DS FC
3368-3416-0761
hi guys im looking to get into smah 64 who is a good starter i assume Mario but im not sure if any one can give me some tips that would be nice feel free to message me if you want im open to whatever!

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hi, welcome to the 64 section :)

Let me link you to a few threads that could be useful... First, concerning your question, maybe you can check this thread. If you're new to the game, I'd suggest you also check the Smash Index. If you have a single (or a few) simple questions, there is the Ask a question thread.

To answer your question more directly, any character can be a good idea to start off with. In my opinion, I would say avoiding Yoshi and Ness would be a bit better because of their "weird" playstyle. Pikachu and Kirby would probably the easiest to use, but I think there is a possibility of getting some bad habits, because some mistakes might leave you unpunished. All in all, I'd say just play whoever you have fun with.

(I moved the thread to the character discussion subsection, as it fits more there.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom