• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What're some gaming-friendly TVs/Monitors for Wii U/Sm4sh?

Lil Puddin

just a lil extra
NNID
LilPuddin
3DS FC
0087-2867-1837
Switch FC
SW-5392-5621-5717
I am having a hard time finding something suitable that's not an absurd price and/or size. I'm looking for a 32" to 42" TV with low input lag. Perhaps 1080p with a decent viewing angle so I don't have to look at it straight on just to play properly. It doesn't need fancy settings or even a remote. Good sound is something I'm willing to give up if need be, since decent stereo speakers (and heck, even lil surround sound ones) are cheap to come by... While the perfect gaming TV/Monitor is not.

Ravengeance

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ravengeance
I personally suggest a Samsung. You can get a 32" 1080P LED for a fair price and it's got good value. Most of if not all Samsung HDTV's having a "game mode" setting which automatically turns off some post-processing routines which can be the biggest culprit in making a game laggy and unplayable. The settings can be a problem, a friend of mine had super lag while gaming and it was simply fixed by turning off a setting called either dynamic/digital motion. It is motion smoothing and it goes by many names like TruMotion, Auto Motion Plus, or Motion Flow etc. So sometimes it is just the settings. I have a Samsung 32" 720P LCD TV I got like 7 years ago and it still works perfecty fine and I don't notice any lag from the TV. Hope this helps somewhat. You can find a deal online and get a good tv for only $200-$300.

On a related note if it's just you wanting it for gaming dropping $100 for a headset is a really cheap way to get decent audio quality.

Top Bottom