• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Whatdo you think of cloud in 1.1.5?

mitchman99

Smash Rookie
So I just picked up cloud strife as a main..and just bought him.( I'm a little late lol) and after this new patch people say he's dead. I don't think this in the slightest. I barely notice the changes. Except for ft. He's still a top tier imo. Fast fall up air combos into ft at 65 percent. Also up air is still imo the best up air in the game. Lots of tools like limit crosslash were nerfed... but they barely affect him. They still kill pretty well. I think people overreacted when he got nerfed. He's still amazing. What do guys think? Also tips are much appreciated :)

mitchman99

Smash Rookie
What I mean about that is that a lot of people were overreacting. Making videos like rip cloud and so on.

Last edited:

~Skelly~

For the Empire
NNID
SkeletonoFun
3DS FC
0232-8371-3002
Are people still complaining about this?

Like Neko said, He's fine outside of FT effectiveness.

mitchman99

Smash Rookie
Guys your seeing it wrong. I meant when he first got nerfed people made a scene. Idk why tho... he's amazing.

Octagon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefly62813
3DS FC
4768-7531-8428
Yeah to be honest the nerfs hurt but they are very minimal compared to the sheik nerfs or diddy way back. I haven't heard of anyone saying or making a video with the subject being "RIP Cloud" but they really got to get their facts straight. When in doubt...read the patch notes

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata
Lmao, that slap on the wrist? Please, even the "kill" patches to Diddy, Luigi, Sheik, and ZSS didn't stop them, this did almost nothing except eliminate some of what people considered "jank".

Huron

Smash Rookie
Cloud is fine. His FT kills later but I'm pretty sure that only applies while in the air. If he's grounded I think it kills earlier. I could be wrong though. Other than that he's pretty much "untouched" even if he did get "nerfed" (if we can even call it that). If you want to learn about Cloud, I'd recommend watching M2K, as well as his guide to beating Cloud which he posted on his YT channel. Knowing your characters weaknesses is important, especially for Cloud players.

https://youtu.be/22WnDCRluCg

That links to his video on how to exploit Clouds weaknesses. Good luck, and don't let people talk smack because you play Cloud. I used to use him but people got bitter and now I'm back to my old mains. Do you.

D

Deleted member

The nerfs Cloud got are really minor. His knockback growth was decreased, but he still has no problems getting KOs. Uair lost a single percent of damage, but it's still one of Cloud's best aerials. Finishing Touch was nerfed in the air, but it's still effective on the ground.
Cloud is far from dead and he's one of the most viable characters on the roster. If you need proof, Tweek managed to get top 5 at Pound with Cloud.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Cloud? Dead? Now that's very funny.

But seriously, he's been fine to me even before he got those nerfs.

Last edited:
Top Bottom