• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What your favorite Pokemon in PT and Why?

darkspatan117

Smash Journeyman
In this thread I want to know which pokemon of PT you use the most and your reason for using it!

Onxy

Smash Lord
Mine is probably Ivysaur, because you can stifle any approach - almost - and is cuter than Squirtle!

PkTrainerCris

Smash Ace
Charizard, its one of mfavorite pokemon since pokemon red, and i always wanted to play him in smash.... and he has not dissapointed me :D

aggrogahu

Smash Cadet
It's a toss up between Squirtle and Charizard. Squirtle is way too cute, and I like how he flies around the stage making all of the shell shifting sounds while saying "Squirt, Squirt" at every move he makes. Gotta love the up taunt too. Charizard is one of my favorites as well because he's just a flying powerhouse, and with a really large grab range and nice aerials that wreck havoc on opponents off the stage, there's not a lot to dislike about him.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
Ivysaur....

why? Bullet Seed...

I also love Charizard...for personal reasons and for the way he plays...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
True, but what the heck! ever since the first Pokemon, I've always liked Charmander. Charmander evolves into Charmeleon, who in turn evolves into Charizard. Ever since, they've been my favorites. When I leaned of PT, I didn't think much of it, until I saw the picture a few seconds later, with Charizard with him. It was among the best days of my life for that reason (behind only the Simpsons Movie and, of course, the release of Brawl).

T

The Black Glove

I agree that Charizard is probably my favorite, but I also enjoy using both Ivysaur and Squirtle. I kinda wish he had brought a total of 6 Pokemon, though, to fill a whole party.

I love Rock Smash.

ShadowBlitz

Smash Apprentice
My favorite is probablly Squirtle. He has nice speed, nice smash attacks (especially his Usmash), and a nice recovery. Squirtle may not seem fancy but for some reason he's my favorite. The thing I hate about him is his Fsmash, it barely has any knockback or range...

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I like Squirtle's combo and gimping abilities... Ivy's range and bullet seeds... Charizard's grab range and spike... I use Ivy and Charry the most, Squirtle a bit less...

Mmac

Smash Lord
Ivysaur, he (or She >_>) was my first starter in Red. Plus... It's Ivysaur

I hate the other two though. I wish I could use her only. She would be my secondary if I could :(

Timothy2035

Smash Journeyman
In this thread I want to know which pokemon of PT you use the most and your reason for using it!
Really I like them all in Brawl. Squirtle was my fav from the anime, but in the game I like them all.

Squirt for his forward air As.

Ivy for his dash across the screen, jump up under a foe and upsmash for a kill on the stock. Nothing is more exciting than a well timed upsmash, other than a beastly forward A.

Charzy for his up smash which looks so mystical.

I love 'em all!
True, but what the heck! ever since the first Pokemon, I've always liked Charmander. Charmander evolves into Charmeleon, who in turn evolves into Charizard. Ever since, they've been my favorites. When I leaned of PT, I didn't think much of it, until I saw the picture a few seconds later, with Charizard with him. It was among the best days of my life for that reason (behind only the Simpsons Movie and, of course, the release of Brawl).
I felt the same way. :) Seeing Squirtle there got me so interested further in Brawl. I was buying the game mostly because of online and to play as Pikachu, but PT made it golden.
Squirtle. He rocks my socks till midnight everyday.
Hehe...some days you must have. You must be caught up with tru='s Squirtle video.
Why do people call Ivysaur a girl? It's obviously a dude.
I've always associated Bulbasaur to be "boyish", so why change?
Ivy is a girl's name, though that's probably not the reason most people refer to Ivysaur as she.
Ivysaur is what that pokemon is called across its species. Just like Pikachu...they are all Pikachu. They aren't unique and singularly named like Mewtwo.

peeup

Smash Lord
I like ivysaur best. Spacing games are really fun. Also, I was a jiggz main in melee, and I like how both ivy and jiggz have a gam-breaking move (bullet seed/rest.)

SlitMyMemories

Smash Rookie
ivy is my fav.i think that in the hands of a master he is the best character.bullet s stops many combos and most cg's.and he to me is a mk molester.mk's underestimate him,hes not that easy to gimp,much harder than oli.and when u use vinewhip and hear that crack,ull most likely receive a very rewarding ko.and he gimps nicely with his Bair,ppl with 2 jumps anyways.just wish he had leech seed or sleep powder T_T

Charizard92

Smash Champion
OK, on the Ivysaur's gender thing (along with every other playable Pokemon in Smash history), here is a not so brief load down of Pokemon:

Pikachu: Pikachu is the only Pokemon in Brawl with a 50-50 chance of being male or female. Also, Pikachu is the only playable pokemon in smash history to have a gender difference. A gender difference is a mechanic in Diamond/Pearl that lets you determine a Pokemon by looking at it instead of it's meter. Female Pikachus have a grove in its tail so it has a heart shape. This Pikachu, does not, so we can definitely say this one is a male.
Squirtle, Ivysaur, Charizard, and Lucario: most event Pokemon have an 87.5% chance of being male, and a 12.5% chance of being female. Lucario has a male voice, and two (likely accidental) times where it is called a he (Snake's codec and the description of event match #25), so we can say that there is a higher chance that this Lucario is a male (and there is even some evidence that this is the Lucario from the 8th Pokemon movie too). Squirtle, Ivysaur, and Charizard don't have any evidence to lean towards either gender, so the default ratio is the deciding factor, All three are male with a 12.5% chance that you are wrong for saying so.
Jigglypuff: While not an event Pokemon, Jigglypuff has an awkward ratio for a naturally occurring Pokemon. 75% female, and 25% male. By this fact (or ipso facto) there are 4 females in Brawl (not counting doubles, counting those, there are 6).
Pichu: While not in Brawl, Pichu was in Melee. Also, Pichu has the same gender ratio as Pikachu without a gender difference (even in Diamond/Pearl), so call it whatever you want.
Mewtwo: Mewtwo is genderless, no johns!

done.

aggrogahu

Smash Cadet
Ivysaur is what that pokemon is called across its species. Just like Pikachu...they are all Pikachu. They aren't unique and singularly named like Mewtwo.
I was referring to the name "Ivy", like this girl I knew from High School was named Ivy, and then there's Ivy Valentine from the Soul Calibur series. So when I refer to Ivysaur as "Ivy" it's almost as if I'm referring to a girl; that was my reasoning behind it at least.

blueshirt314

Smash Cadet
My personal favorite is Ivysaur, because I really like range he/she has over the other two Pokemon. And there's no feeling like blowing a USmash in an opponent's face and blasting them off the top at abour 50%. However, I still use all three Pokemon evenly, and cracking an opponent with a Rock Smash or shoving an opponent away from safe recovery with Water Gun are almost as satisfying as the pollen bomb.

seirdo

Smash Rookie
I personally like to play Squirtle because he's more of the speed type to never give the opponent a chance to hit back. That, and I heard the shellshifting technique is pretty epic (and is something I still need to investigate and try out for myself).

When I'm at a pretty high percentage, I'll switch over to Charizard because of his weight and gliding for recovering. He's just plain strong and has a great grab, and it's a nice change after a quick-paced run with Squirtle.

Ivysaur...he's just not my man. maybe not my playing style, I'm not sure. It looks like he has a lot of fans here on this thread now, so I'm going to see if I can break him in a little bit and see what everyone else sees in him..

Overall, I'd say Squirtle

Top Bottom