• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What would advantage me more?

404House

Smash Cadet
I've recently discovered a way for me to KO easier as Mario, but I'd like to know if this is a better choice for later.
In the past, I would use the Aerial+Side A to knock people off the stage fast. The issue I had with this is that I moved so fast that I'd cancel it before I executed the move and then continue with what I was doing. Although recently, I've found something that has some nice KO potential and is fast to pull off. But, it will only instant KO at 180% from what I've seen. It's basically short hopping repeatedly after doing combos and doing Aerial+Neutral A. It's fast to do, but should I do it? The instant KO kind of bothers me which is why I ask this.

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Nair is good oos but using it too much will get you punished by a easy shield grab plus you should aim to kill before 180

404House

Smash Cadet
Nair is good oos but using it too much will get you punished by a easy shield grab plus you should aim to kill before 180
Which was my goal. I was thinking do Aerial+Neutral A until 60% and then Aerial+Side A, to mix it up.
What would be your/everyone's idea about this?

MrM

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0087-2818-3212
Which one fair or bair
Cause you can dthrow into both of them

Hinichii.ez.™

insincere personality
NNID
hinichii
3DS FC
2423-5382-7542
I don't even understand the question. You're asking how to kill sooner? Just Dsmash or watch some videos, the flip.

SmokeOut

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
2406-5837-9935
Down throw to Fair or down tilt to Fair are excellent and reliable kill combos. That Dsmash or Fsmash is what usually nets me kills at good percentages.

Definitely just do what ez said and watch videos and you will see. They will answer your question in no time.

Altanic

Smash Apprentice
Nair is a good kill move if your by the edge, you can down tilt to nair since it comes out faster. Down tilt to fsmash works from like 40-80% if I'm not mistaken. Down tilt or down throw to fair is a reliable kill. Fireball to downsmash works well to kill if your approaching (just be careful when your approaching so that they dont block the fireball and you run in and get grabbed.) The first hit of dair will pop people up in the air, so sometimes you can capitalize off of that with almost any aerial. Practice getting the dunk sweetspot on fair too, that can be a really useful popup and can usually follow into another fair (I've gotten a triple fair that way once, it's on my instagram page.) Get used to RAR bair too, that's a really useful (and stylish) edgeguard.
EDIT: Yoooo, dair to nair works on fastfallers.
EDITAGAIN: Wait wouldn't that work on pretty much anyone? Must find out.

Last edited:

Jonyc128

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jonnyc64
You can use dair, to up air, to nair. Or dair to up tilt to nair. Basically dair is probably Mario's best approaching aerial for neutral since the hitbox is disjointed, and it can lead to many other moves.

Top Bottom