• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What was being a Pit main like in Smash 4?

Courageous Baka

Smash Apprentice
I love Pit/Dark Pit. A LOT. It stinks that they don't have much players representing him nor do they get talked about a lot.
Now I wasn't paying as much close attention to Smash 4's meta as I am with Ultimate. I'm curious about what it was like for all your Pit mains who were that focused on Smash 4's competitive scene. Did you guys have it worse or better there? The characters themselves are obviously better now, but did they have an even harder time fitting into the meta and staying relevant over time? And how good was this Earth I hear so much about?

Last edited:

AndrewtheAmericanDude

Smash Cadet
Just speaking for myself here-it was not fun. I love smash but I had a hard period of 4 where I couldn't understand the loss of drive before I fell out. For me the reasons had a lot to do with the fact that the game was slower and had slower airspeed. Pit is already floaty in the air. It was shield grab central. So much of it was just doing an incredibly telegraphed slow aerial onto their shield if they knew to be defensive and then getting grabbed. Even if I did tomahawk with Pit's speed it was very reactable. My zoner friend just had to sit there.

So all in all, killing stocks and pressuring has become a lot easier across the board, it's far less painful for me.

Earth was very good in Neutral and methodical. His offstage arrows looked like a volley to me. But I think even he was hurt by the difficulty of Pit pressure in that game. Now all of Pit's options are at least function albeit sometimes only decently.

So yeah I think the best time to get into Pit (as opposed to nifty Brawl arrow loops) is now, I'm motivated to play competitively here.

Vistra31

Smash Cadet
NNID
Vistra9000
3DS FC
4038-6222-6181
Switch FC
SW-2087-0604-7226
Smash 4 Pit had some bad matchups. Mainly Mario and Luigi. You had to really abuse his strengths and know the neutral to win with him then. His jab was worse and people could fall out of it. If you got a win with Pit it was because you were lucky with some edgeguards or your opponent wasn't as good. In Ultimate the stages made his recovery easier, his attacks seem crisper, his combo game improved so basically if you played Pit at all in Smash 4 you can become a god of Pit in Ultimate easy.

Top Bottom