• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What type of homing attack doesn't home?

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
I was in the air with my opponent and i did the homing attack and i completely wiifed. And another time i was trying to meteor with my homing attack on fd and i homed straight into the ground. What gives?

Umby

Smash Master
Vids or it didn't happen.

For the first one, the homing attack simply followed the rule that if the opponent moves out of the path determined before the homing attack unleashes, then it will miss. The only reasonable explanation for the second one is that you were too far away.

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
Vids or it didn't happen.

For the first one, the homing attack simply followed the rule that if the opponent moves out of the path determined before the homing attack unleashes, then it will miss. The only reasonable explanation for the second one is that you were too far away.
so your saying to avoid a homing attack all you have to do is move when sonic is in the air?

Soloman

Smash Apprentice
not necessarily, the homing attack in brawl is quite different than the homing attack from sonic adventure 1n above. in brawl it arcs, it doesnt go straight unless u';re straight up in somones face. on certain platform lvls ive run into some instances where somoen can be standing there and i home and i completly miss him by firing over. I mean they coulda made better use of this ability but its still pretty handy for gimping. (and free recovery as well) If u get the timing down better on the homing cancel charge, u can make the shot alot more accurate when u're gimping recovery, less time for the wind up less time for u're opponent to get outta u're firing zone.

In essence it still homes even if u're opponent is moving, not where he was fixed when u started the home.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
The title of this thread confused me.

Try positioning yourself below and a bit in front of your opponent to home in. Like they said, if its missing, you're probably too far away.

darkNES386

Smash Lord
Perhaps you did a homing cancel. If you pressed b at the right moment in the middle of the charge you unleash the attack earlier.... however, I do not believe that the homing cancel actually chases an opponent. Someone else confirm/deconfirm this.

R4ZE

Smash Ace
the homing attack actually can hit very far away if your straight accross from your opponent. its like... nearly as long as falco's forward b.

its so funny, i do it all the time as a trick attack, they dont expect ti to hit, and in a split second it pops em on the head lol.

i posted my lil homing attack thing on this thread.http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=156938

Top Bottom