• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What TV should I get for taking to friendlies?

Claytonic

Smash Rookie
I want to buy a TV or monitor for taking to friendlies at my college. I figure I want a TV, but if a monitor meets all these criteria, I guess that's fine too. What I want is something light, doesn't require a remote to operate, has built-in speakers, and (of course) HDMI input. What I don't know is what TVs/monitors have acceptable display lag or whatever. Being as affordable as possible is a plus. We generally sit one or two feet away from each setup, so I am also wondering if 1080p is necessary or if 720p is acceptable? I am currently looking at a 24" Insignia 720p TV. Do you think I would be put to shame if I showed up with that? Are there any comparatively better options for a low price?

Top Bottom