• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What troubles you the most?

Kyzi

Smash Rookie
I recently picked up Peach and I am really enjoying her thus far. Her floating mechanic is extremely fun to use and feels super smooth. I normally main Diddy, but might drop him for Peach if I continue to love her like this. Anyway, I was wondering as a Peach mains, what bothers you guys the most? Or what are some pet peeves as Peach? Or what is just generally annoying?

Last edited:

E-Mann

Smash Ace
NNID
TheGFlower
3DS FC
1891-1753-7374
I don't main Peach, because she's more difficult to play in a more competitive way than Rosalina, IMO. Using her float ability is hard to get good at, especially the combos that it enables mains to use to their will.

Walba

Smash Rookie
I don't main her either but the floating mechanic isn't as effective as in melee. you can still use nair/bair to edgeguard some recoveries, her aerial play still makes her unique but she isn't as strong but what bothers me the most is her aerial speed, I find it weird, it can be quite annoying while floating.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't main her either but the floating mechanic isn't as effective as in melee.
EHM

Her float doesn't function like it does in Melee, but it's still the core of Peach. No float is no Peach.

I could go into this but I feel like you can look up vids of any decent Peach (try SlayerZ or Umeki) and see what I mean.

Amiracle

Smash Apprentice
What troubles me the most is that I play her very differently from top peaches. I use her tilts, smashes and turnips almost constantly. Sometimes I have 2-3 turnips in play at the same time :D But when I watch top peaches they NEVER use her tilts, hardly use her smashes, and rarely use turnips aside from a z drop. They also pretty much center her entire gameplay around Floating Dairs into Fairs. And I hardly ever use that.

Another thing that is a bit annoying is her aerial speed as someone pointed out. Make a custom peach and add some speed/aerial speed items and see how much more fun it is to play her. You can actually combo her Fthrow into Fair at certain percentages and it's so much fun!

Tential

Smash Rookie
That only a handful of people play Peach competitively is what troubles me the most.
A lot of people who watch competitive smash or play games competitively like to watch pros play their mains so they can learn more about them and just enjoy watching them play.
What troubles me the most is that I play her very differently from top peaches. I use her tilts, smashes and turnips almost constantly. Sometimes I have 2-3 turnips in play at the same time :D But when I watch top peaches they NEVER use her tilts, hardly use her smashes, and rarely use turnips aside from a z drop. They also pretty much center her entire gameplay around Floating Dairs into Fairs. And I hardly ever use that.

Another thing that is a bit annoying is her aerial speed as someone pointed out. Make a custom peach and add some speed/aerial speed items and see how much more fun it is to play her. You can actually combo her Fthrow into Fair at certain percentages and it's so much fun!
Because they're top players so they're also playing against top players!
I'm sure someone else can add to what I've said but I'll try to break it down for you.
First, having 2-3 turnips in play in pro play is VERY hard. First, pros will catch turnips you throw at them. Secondly, the turnip pull speed is incredibly slow. To the point that some chars can run the full length of the stage and punish you before you can pull a turnip.
As for tilts, pros do use tilts. Down tilt that is. Because Down tilt has the most combo percentage. Up tilt really just isn't as useful as other options I feel so it's not used as much. You see forward tilt occasionally but again, Dilt is usually a better option but it's good in a combo string.
Now for why you a lot of dairs? It's a VERY safe skill to use and floating dair to fair is a confirm simple combo that does a LOT of damage.

DrROBschiz

Smash Apprentice
I mostly use float to mix up my opponent, extend combos, and mix up recovery

Peach is notoriously weak when landing so the float comes in handy to make your opponent whiff a punish.

Otherwise I dont rely on it since it leaves you vulnerable near the ground. Peach is much more effective with shield an straight up brawling.

Top Bottom