• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to practice First

Jeremy Tollison

Smash Rookie
Hi,

if you're a new Fox player and don't know what you should practice when you first start out, then let me recommend you practice your movement.

Controlling your character is something that is very important, and since Fox is this lighting fast character, controlling him could be kind of hard
at first.

Practice short hopping around the stage followed by dash dancing slowly then quickly across the stage. Then, try dash dancing on platforms slowly and quickly.

Next you should practice your wavedash, focusing intently on very slow, very precise perfect wavedashes.

After these things, platform movement and ledge stalling could be beneficial, sh lasers, running shine wavedash.

Focus on moving and doing exactly what you need to do before you worry about waveshines and multishines.

Last edited:

JasonKaroshi

Smash Apprentice
A tip I use in game is to never stop moving. If I stop moving, then that's time wasted. During neutral, during combos, during any stage of the game, moving at all times is essential.

Top Bottom