• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do when the Game Feels Stale

What to do?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I love smash more than most fighting video games. Though as of now the game feels stale with most players that I play against feeling boring. Most people on FG lack little to no variety in their game play and only once in a blue moon do I find someone who actually brings out the competitive spirit in me. Then after a match or two they leave.

Is it time to simply just take a break from the game?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Stop playing FG.

Literally, just stop playing FG. Do any of those three poll options, as long as you give FG a break you'll notice a difference. There's so much monotony about it. There's no question to it making the game feel stale.

There could be other reasons, of course, but FG used to be one of mine. I'm just speaking from experience.

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
I love smash more than most fighting video games. Though as of now the game feels stale with most players that I play against feeling boring. Most people on FG lack little to no variety in their game play and only once in a blue moon do I find someone who actually brings out the competitive spirit in me. Then after a match or two they leave.

Is it time to simply just take a break from the game?
Play Anthers. The people there will (probably) bring out your competitive spirit more. Atleast, it did for me.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I wish Anther's was as great for me as with anyone else. The times I get around to playing( early afternoon est) either end up with:

1. Nobody is hosting anything. When I host a lobby, typically people who live on the moon accept my matches.

2. Whenever I challenge someone, I get denied since people are under the impression that rank is in 100%(there is some, but not 100%) correlation to skill, or they just don't want to lose points.

Those two reasons are the only reasons I still play FG for the most part. You may have a different experience, however.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Playing For Glory makes the game feel very stale every time I go there so I don't play it very much.

Best way to avoid that is to just play with friends or do any of the polls you put out. Just forget about For **** for a while.

TempestSurge

Smash Ace
I find playing in a room with friends, where you're able to communicate via messaging or voice chat manages to make things a bit more fun an engaging and a welcoming break from fighting the typical FG flowchart characters.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Thanks everyone for your suggestions. This weekend I went to a live event after a long while and it felt great. I actually feel the competitive spirit that made me love this game from childhood. Playing on Anthers has been good too, though timing is key when looking for challenges on there. But there is a huge difference playing at a true competitive level and playing FG.

Top Bottom