• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do when someone uses a very punishable ground move.

CaptainBlund

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5473-1673-3314
My friend plays corrin and luigi and everytime he dash attacks, I have trouble punishing him. Sometimes it's because I'm facing the wrong direction but usually I react badly and just try to grab. What do you think is the optimal punish in these situations

Zi^

Smash Cadet
NNID
ThaLegundOfLonk
3DS FC
2767-0988-1706
if he is close ti you, then F-Smash.
uncharged it just does 19% and kills at the center of the stage around 60%.
if he is too far for hitting with the sweetspot, use DED.
it's your best spacing tool.

Serew

Smash Apprentice
Any fast move should work. also if you are not in kill % of fsmash going for something like a jab to start a combo is probably a better idea. ofcourse unless you do it quickly enough this won't work if you're facing the wrong way.

Try running/hopping into their range, making the most of Roy's mobility during dash attack's endlag, then short hop fast fall nair or use a grab/pivot grab. You can combo from nair or fthrow into more moves to maximize the punish. Fsmash is also beefy, and 19/17's worth weighing against your other punish options even if it stales fsmash a bit.

Top Bottom