• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do against Zelda?

Hee443

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hee443
3DS FC
0087-2817-2596
In my experience, playing against Zelda in PM is a challenge for me, even against players I know I am better than, and still end up beating. I still struggle and feel like it is an uphill battle. Is there anything I should do against her? Down-throw knee is as guaranteed as against Marth, that's all I really have right now.

Last edited:

Mystic-

Smash Apprentice
Dash dance in her danger zone (not in melee range but not long range either) and bait out a close range/long range commitment and punish it. I struggle with the match up as well but that simple strategy has proven to be extremely effective vs Zelda. She has lots of lag time after her abilities so if they are misused they are easily punished. Hopefully a better player can help you more than that lol

artofskjet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
napperflames
3DS FC
4141-3810-2708
I love this Matchup. I basically Shffl Nair. Gets rid of din's fires and starts combos. DD to bait moves and punish like what Mystic said is also a good idea just watch out for Up-tilt and Forward smash. The combos are similar to combos on Marth. I'm pretty sure there's a Down throw chain grab at really low percents also.

Kaeldiar

Smash Ace
Hi, Zelda main here. CF is one of her more difficult MUs, I think, which is saying something, because I think almost all of her MUs are between 60-40 against her and 60-40 in her favor...I was playing with Smash G0d, and after 4-stocking me twice with CF (which he could not do with any of his other characters), we talked about the MU and things I could or could not be doing. Basically, she's combo food. His movement ability is just too much for her to handle.

Dash dance, n-air to approach, up-air combos her for days unless she can get a Love Jump out. Even then, she's left helpless. You HAVE TO BE PATIENT. Fein approaches until she does something laggy, then punish. Zelda has to commit to a lot of her options, so if you can get her to guess wrong, you can take advantage of that. N-air and d-air are both good starters, and up-air will carry her all the way off the stage. Be sure not to get caught by Nayru's, and n-air will fight through Din's.

Blazing Ambition

Smash Journeyman
Zelda's floaty and slow, so try and use your superior mobility to run circles around her and look for an opening. Shffl'd nairs are a good option, and baiting out one of her slower moves shouldn't be too hard. Up-air's going to be one of your closest friends here, as Up-air -> is fairly simple on floaty characters in this game, and good for juggles.

Hee443

Smash Cadet
NNID
Hee443
3DS FC
0087-2817-2596
I took in account all of your advice and last night played with my friend who mains Zelda, this probably isn't the right way but we have video of it and if you guys could watch a few and review our matches for my gameplay? twitch.tv/whoisworm/b/569701865 (If you do, you might want to listen to it really low, or muted, there is screaming, plus the audio at the beginning is messed up.)

Last edited:

C-SAF

Smash Journeyman
Every ones mostly said what needs to be done, but as someone who uses Zelda from time to time in PM, I feel utterly helpless when I'm being juggled. When the percent is high enough on her, I would just upthrow and then span up air.

Top Bottom