• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What to do against roll spamming players?

GalaxyWaffles

Smash Apprentice
I have been encountering many players recently who just roll all around the place and I have started losing to some because of how frustrated I get trying to catch them. Most times when this happens I just start throwing out Ftilt's and hoping either the hand or the leg catch them and then go in from there or I start using Dtilt. If those don't work I just wait it out until they don't want to roll around anymore.

What do you guys do? Is there something I should be doing or attempting when this happens?

⑨ball

Smash Ace
Rolls have vulnerability frames at the start and end of them so you can start making reads by following them where they're going to be or placing hitboxes there with SS.

For example if you dash in and you predict a roll back, keep your dash up until the roll animation ends and punish with a reverse pivot ftilt or fsmash.

If you're Fox trotting you can instantly turn around and catch roll forwards too.

Otherwise using any of your projectiles to catch them as they're coming out of a roll work too.

Both fsmash and dsmash are effective at catching rolls close to you. As is jab with much less commitment.

Don't forget you can breverse SS too and catch rolls through you.

Fancykong

Smash Journeyman
SS is EXTREMELY effective. Treat those roll spammers like misbehaving kids and punish them repeatedly. You also are guaranteed free hits if they roll towards you after falling. The get-up animation leaves them surprisingly vulnerable, so just nail'em.

You can also use header near the ledge to smack ledge campers as they run/roll to the edge.

Top Bottom