• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

what to do after uair?

Samus-T

Smash Lord
my friend and i play falco vs fox all the time and i cant think of what to do towards the end of a combo. ill usually do 2 sh pillars into an uair.what next?help meeee!!

Adi

Smash Lord
Uair is a combo finisher so by the time you're using that you should make sure that they're within a percentage that you can kill them. If not, just fast fall, wait for them to come, then Shine -> JC -> B-air or U-air.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
Well, when comboing fox, he'll usually be DIing away hard when you use that particular combo, at which point, you can't pursue and catch him before he lands, so Tech-chase him with your laser. Instead of doing that particular combo though (dair -> shine -> dair -> shine -> uair), I try to land behind fox with my 2nd dair into a utilt -> utilt -> nair -> fsmash, or something along those lines. The key here is that while you can always do dair -> shine -> dair -> shine -> uair, you can go for different combos that will not work 100% of the time, but when they work will be more devestating. If you feel better about always getting that 50%ish in from that set combo, then stick with it, and know that your best follow up is the laser tech chase. Otherwise, read their DI and switch the combo up to set up something more devestating.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
see, i just do another Uair, but i don't main falco....
If they're a Fox who is DIing away, they fall too fast and land. On floatier characters who you've just uaired after a shine -> FH, you can do a 2nd jump and judge whether a uair, nair, bair, or dair makes the most sense. Often, you'll get the weak uair that has no knockback at low %'s, which will lead easily into DJ -> dair -> utilt etc. But otherwise, I'll tend to favor the nair or bair to get them off into an edgegaurding situation unless they're just too high, in which case uair is the clear answer.

Top Bottom