• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Media What the stagelist should look like for competitive play in Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

doUevenhoistbro

Smash Rookie
What continues to blow my mind about the competitive smash scene is how ban hungry it can be even when a new game has just come out. Despite having over 100 stages in Ultimate, and easily a solid 20+ that can be great competitive stages due to the new hazards off feature, every tournament I attend or watch already has a pathetically small stage list for truly no justified reason except for the fact that the competitive smash scene continues time and time again to be extremely closed minded. I don't know about you, but whenever I play or watch Ultimate, I'm already super burned out on playing and watching matches on pokemon stadium 2 90% of the time, with the odd battlefield, fd, or smashville sprinkled in once in a blue moon. With how young Ultimate is, wouldn't it be best to have a bigger more liberal stagelist to test the waters first to see what does and doesn't work instead of already having under 10 legal stages? Because of this, I came up with a stagelist I strongly believe the community should test out to help stop Ultimate from already going stale. Every stage presented in this list would be its own stage, except for dreamland, Midgar, and pokemon stadium 1 which will all be paired with Battlefield and Pokemon stadium 2 respectively. The reason for these stages being paired is because they are in fact different from there ladder form, however, the differences aren't big enough to justify the stage being on its own. In short, Dreamland and Midgar both have very similar platform layouts and wall layouts similar to that of battlefield, except the difference, is Midgar has slightly bigger side blast zones compared to battlefield, where dreamland has slightly bigger side blast zone than Midgar. All 3 have the same top blast zone height. The same goes for pokemon stadium 1, it has an almost identical layout to that of pokemon stadium 2, however, it has bigger side blast zones compared to pokemon stadium 2. As with the previous set of tri plat stages, pokemon stadium 1 and 2 both have the exact same top blast zone height.

I should also mention in case anyone is unaware that Wily castle with hazards off is actually much different than fd. For starters, Wily has bigger side and ceiling blast zones, while it also has walls on the side of the stage.

I'd love to hear feedback on this stage last as I feel it will make playing and spectating competitive Ultimate play much more entertaining for everyone. I understand some stages on here such as Mushroom kingdom U seem a little questionable due to its size, while Skyloft, Brinstar, and Wuhu also seem questionable as you can shark through the bottom of the stage to recovery. Because of this, I feel banning these stages can most definitely make sense in the long run, however, I think they should at the very least be tested in tournaments before a ban is justified.

Thank you for reading!https://bans.page/index.html#1h-8h-...-79h-94h-33h-36h-92h-17h-74hnRGVmaW5pdGl2ZQ==

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom