• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Smash bros. franchises have and haven't you played?

finalark

SNORLAX
The fact that so few people here have actually played a Final Fantasy game is genuinely remarkable to me.

Then again, outside of Pokemon and ambiguously Zelda, Nintendo has never really been RPG-centeric in the west.

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
The fact that so few people here have actually played a Final Fantasy game is genuinely remarkable to me.

Then again, outside of Pokemon and ambiguously Zelda, Nintendo has never really been RPG-centeric in the west.
Also because most people here are strictly Nintendo fans. I do plan on playing a FF game tho

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I've played some of at least one game in every series. Not necessarily all to completion, for those I haven't completed I played enough to decide those games just didn't interest me. Gyromite is a bit of a pain if you don't have ROB or a second player to play with, but still doable. For Fire Emblem (except Fates which hasn't released here yet) and Xenoblade I've completed every game in both series. Not too hard for Xenoblade since there are only two, but a more impressive feat for FE where half of the games were never released outside Japan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

I think it's a case of most people here not being gamers/alive when mainline FF games were on Nintendo systems. And even if they do own systems other than Nintendo ones, FF games haven't been that great for a while anyway. Though if you count spin-offs and re-releases yeah there's been tons of chances to play FF on a Nintendo system.

I dunno about Nintendo not being RPC-centric in the west though. Sure Japan may be their bread and butter, but we still got Pokemon, Paper Mario (back when it was an RPG), M&L, Fire Emblem since the GBA, Golden Sun, Xenoblade and Advance Wars, among other one-off titles. Plus Nintendo publishes Dragon Quest in the west.

D

Deleted member

I dunno about Nintendo not being RPG-centric in the west though. Sure Japan may be their bread and butter, but we still got Pokemon, Paper Mario (back when it was an RPG), M&L, Fire Emblem since the GBA, Golden Sun, Xenoblade and Advance Wars, among other one-off titles. Plus Nintendo publishes Dragon Quest in the west.
Advance Wars, an RPG ?

finalark

SNORLAX
I dunno about Nintendo not being RPC-centric in the west though. Sure Japan may be their bread and butter, but we still got Pokemon, Paper Mario (back when it was an RPG), M&L, Fire Emblem since the GBA, Golden Sun, Xenoblade and Advance Wars, among other one-off titles. Plus Nintendo publishes Dragon Quest in the west.
The thing is, NoA has never really promoted these games. At least, not as heavily as other titles.

Pokemon is a no-brainer, given that it's easily the single most well known RPG in the world. But on the offhand, Nintendo is seemingly satisfied to let Golden Sun fall into the depths of obscurity thanks to the third game's under-performance. Not to mention that Nintendo really didn't give a damn about Xenoblade until the first game established itself as a cult classic. There's also that odd period of time when Nintendo let Fire Emblem quietly languish in the west after the GBA hype died down.

Although you can still make the argument about how strongly they pushed DQIX in the west. Unfortunately, Square's dedication to keeping DQ obscure outside of Asia is a major roadblock.

Also, this:

Advance Wars, an RPG ?

DPKdebator

Smash Apprentice
Out of all the franchises in Smash, I've played (this includes demos but excludes minor franchises with no characters):
Mario :4mario:
Sonic :4sonic:
The Legend of Zelda (however I have never owned a Zelda game) :4link:
Pokemon :4pikachu:
Kirby :4kirby:
Yoshi :4yoshi:
Donkey Kong :4dk:
Wario :4wario:
Metroid (only in demos/NES Remix) :4samus:
Star Fox (only in demos) :4fox:
Duck Hunt :4duckhunt:
Pac-Man :4pacman:
Mega Man (I think I played a demo once) :4megaman:
F-Zero (only in demos) :4falcon:
Kid Icarus (only in NES Remix) :4pit:

I haven't played:
EarthBound :4ness:
Ice Climber :popo:
Fire Emblem :4marth:
Game & Watch :4gaw:
R.O.B. :4rob:
Animal Crossing :4villager:
Metal Gear :snake:
Wii Fit :4wiifit:
Punch-Out!! :4littlemac:
Xenoblade :4shulk:
Street Fighter :4ryu:
Final Fantasy :4cloud:
Bayonetta :4bayonetta:

I guess my played-and-haven't-played list isn't too bad, but there's plenty of people who have played more franchises than I have. :seuss:

D

Deleted member

I have played the following franchises:
:4mario::4yoshi::4dk::4kirby::4link::4samus::4fox::4pikachu:1:4wario2::4marth:2:popo::4falcon::4pacman::4megaman::4sonic::4ryu:3:4cloud:4:4bayonetta:5

I haven't played these franchises at all / I have no interest in these franchises:
:4gaw::4littlemac::4pit::4duckhunt::4rob::4ness::4villager::4olimar::4wiifit::4shulk::4drmario::snake:

1 - While I have played most of the main series Pokémon games for evaluation's sake, I consider them to fall in the last category, as I'm not very interested in the franchise.
2 - Fire Emblem: Awakening demo only.
3 - The only Street Fighter game that I played was the 3DS version of Super Street Fighter IV.
4 - Crisis Core only. Haven't progressed much, nor do I plan to do so at this time.
5 - I've only played a small bit of the first Bayonetta game so far. I'll get to work on that later. While I haven't played it yet, I do own the second game as well.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Played:
  • Mario
  • Legend of Zelda
  • Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Country
  • Pokemon
  • Star Fox
  • Animal Crossing
  • Metroid
  • Advance Wars
  • Golden Sun
  • Earthbound
  • Punch Out
  • Yoshi's Island
  • Splatoon (if the trophy counts)
  • Kirby
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Fire Emblem
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X (if it counts)
  • Duck Hunt
  • Ice Climbers
  • Balloon Fight
  • Excite Bike
  • Magical Starsign (if the trophy counts)
  • Streeet Fighter 2
  • Pacman
  • Final Fantasy 4
  • Megaman
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Wii Fit
  • Wii Sports

Not Played:
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Panel De Pon (if the trophy counts)
  • Metal Gear Solid
  • Pikmin
  • Mach Rider
  • Sin and Punishment
  • F-Zero
  • Mr. Game and Watch games
  • WarioWare
  • Custom Robo
  • Mother 3
  • R.O.B 's games
  • Bayonetta
  • Wonderful 101 (if the trophy counts)
  • Mysterious Murasame Castle

Last edited:

MidwesternHawk

Smash Cadet
NNID
newsimcity2013
Have-:4bayonetta:1:4falcon:2:4mario:~17:4dk:1:4tlink:3:4villager:1:4wiifitm:2:4littlemac:2:4pit:1:4charizard:3:4ness:1:olimar:2:4megaman:2:metaknight:1:4falco:1:4pacman:1:4sonic:3:4shulk:1
Have nots-:4wario::4yoshi::4samus::4ryu::4gaw::4marth::4rob::snake::popo::4duckhunt:

#1 Games I want to play from unplayed series-FE11/Yoshis Wooly World/WarioLand(any)/SFV
I dont care for G+W/Robot/or MGS
Other Nintendo wanted to play, X/GoldenSun/AdvanceWars

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
At this point, I've played a game in every franchise except :4gaw:, :4ryu:, and :4wiifit:.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Played

:4mario::4dk::4link::4samus::4yoshi::4kirby::4fox::4pikachu::4falcon::4ness::popo::4marth::4pit::4wario::4olimar::4littlemac::4shulk::4duckhunt::snake::4sonic::4megaman::4pacman::4ryu::4cloud::4bayonetta:*
*I only played the Bayonetta 2 demo.

Not Played

:4gaw::4rob::4villager::4wiifit:

Lazerpants

Smash Cadet
NNID
Lazerpants
seems like a lot of people are missing :4wiifit:,:4gaw:, and :4rob:.
for good reason though

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
Every franchise with a playable character besides Wii Fit Trainer, because **** that noise. I have tried Gyromite without the ROB accessory. Pressing the second controller buttons yourself instead of waiting for ROB to do it apparently makes it far more playable.

I've never held an actual Game & Watch system, but Game & Watch Gallery is still part of the series, and I have the Manhole e-Reader card that actually does feature the character.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Played:
:4mario:: I played the NES games (Including Lost levels), as well as 3D Land, 3D World, and NSMBU. If spinoffs counts, I've also played Luigi's Mansion 2, Mario Kart 8 and a little of Captain Toad Treasure Tracker.
:4pikachu:: I played all the main series games except for the sister games for the games I've played in their respective generation (For example: I've played Y but not X)
:4sonic:: I played the Genesis titles as well as CD, 4 (Both episodes), Generations, Adventure DX and a little of Adventure 2. I might have played more but that's all I have on top of my head.
:4megaman:: Played the first 7 games in the classic series, and the first 2 games in the X series.

Played a little but interested in playing more:
:4link:: Only played A Link Between Worlds and Four Swords Anniversary Edition. I do own Wind Waker HD and I have The Minish Cap and one of the oracle games on the VC though
:4kirby:: I played Triple Deluxe and a little of Super Star.
:4dk:: I played the original Expand Dong Country. I have Tropical Freeze but I'm saving it for last.
:4marth:: I have played Awakening, but I didn't beat it and I haven't played it in a while so I'll have to start a new save file. I also have Fates
:4samus:: I played the original NES game.
:4ness:: Currently playing Earthbound, will play Mother 3 afterwards.
:4olimar:: I played 3 but I haven't finished it yet. Haven't touched it in a while though so I'll might have to start it over

Played one game but I'm not interested at the series:
:4pit:: I played Uprising, loved it, but I'm not interested at the classics.
:4villager:: I played New Leaf but I haven't touched my save file in a while. Maybe these games just aren't for me
:4pacman:: This is self explanatory really.

Haven't played yet but planning to: :4yoshi::4fox::4wario2:(Land only):4shulk::snake::4cloud:(Possibly)

Haven't played but I'm not interested: :4falcon::4wario::4gaw: :4littlemac::popo: :4rob::4duckhunt: :4wiifit::4ryu::4bayonetta:

Last edited by a moderator:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Played:
:4mario: Fairly well versed, played many of the main and spin-off games like Sunshine, Galaxy, 3D World, New super mario bros and many of the mario sports games.
:4pikachu:: Have played the main series since 4th gen
:4link:: Played every main console game except Skyward Sword and the NES games
:4samus:: LOVE the Prime games, played Zero Mission and currently playing through Super too
:4shulk:: Played Xenoblade and X not too long ago, I got X on release despite never playing the franchise before then bought a new 3DS just for the original
:4fox:: Only played Assault
:4dk:: Played Returns and Tropical Freeze, played but never beat the classics
:4bayonetta:: LOVE both of the Bayonetta games
:4olimar:: Played Pikmin 3 only so far
:4sonic:: Sadly a long time fan of this garbage franchise yet I can't seem to escape it
:4wiifit:: Family bought a wii around launch

Kinda played:
:4marth:: Played like half of 7
:4yoshi:: I remember playing the DS game, probably didn't beat it
:4villager:: I think I played the DS one

Want to play: :4kirby::4ness::4pit::4wario2::4marth::snake:(I really should get around to getting a PS3 which I've wanted for at least a year, just can't be bothered to look for a cheap one)

No interest:
:4falcon::4littlemac::4megaman::4ryu::4duckhunt::4rob::4gaw::popo:

Last edited:
Top Bottom