• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should I have done?

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
I hardly play the new Smash online, but when I do I like to use Dedede. Today I did a FG against Wario and I got the first stock which was nice. After that, my opponent began spamming the Motorcycle move and... I couldn't get around it. Forward B/A hits were all too weak to stop it. When I charged attacks they just put on the brakes and waited for the animation to go through and punish me. Rolling wasn't effective, either. I essentially lost a stock and a half, and the match, to this. I fully admit to being a scrub but I don't want to lose to spammers at the very least. What is the best way to handle Wario in this situation? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

Powda

Smash Apprentice
In the most not rude way possible, if Wario is a concern to you, you better not play DDD online. Wario is easily the most even DDD matchup there is.

As far as his bike spam, you just need to practice. I've reached the point I can shield grab him right off his bike and it falls to the ground. Just play online like a thousand matches with DDD then come back and read your comment. :)

cwjakesteel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
cwjakesteel
You can knock Wario off the bike if you catch him with a neutral air. Don't forget to try side-b with an up-tilt. That means you send your gordo flying up instead of to the side, so you press side-b then slide the control stick up while you are hammering.

Also forward air should knock wario off, and if that fails, remember that DDD has a move that can charge forever, and that is your down-B.

Finally, if all of that fails, try hovering above the bike with DDD, and then doing fast fall forward airs or back airs. It's harder for him if he has to turn around because he can't gain speed. Plus your back air packs a punch...er...hammer.

I also love playing as DDD.

Last edited:

Laserbeamed

Smash Cadet
Great tips already. I don't think I ever shield grab. So many things to incorporate in a match.

Thanks for the other options as well. Looks like I had many ways to go about it.

Top Bottom