• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What should I assign my Right Thumbstick to?

Charity Diary

Smash Rookie
I would usually assign it to Smashes, but I use Wii Fit Trainer's Tilts a lot more than other characters' Tilts, so I currently have it assigned to Attack.

Any advice from other Let's Stretch Our Legs mains?

crisspy727

Smash Apprentice
I would usually assign it to Smashes, but I use Wii Fit Trainer's Tilts a lot more than other characters' Tilts, so I currently have it assigned to Attack.

Any advice from other Let's Stretch Our Legs mains?
Hard to tell since i can't think of another purpose of using the right/cstick other than smash since i feel like it's the exact same thing as attack at least you have a smash on command.

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
I'd say Smash is probably the most useful, but I could see an argument for attack, especially for players who have a hard time executing tilts. I don't think any other option would be useful.

I guess you might make your decision based on whether you can execute pivot f-tilt or pivot f-smash more reliably when not using the c-stick.

Charity Diary

Smash Rookie
I'd say Smash is probably the most useful, but I could see an argument for attack, especially for players who have a hard time executing tilts. I don't think any other option would be useful.

I guess you might make your decision based on whether you can execute pivot f-tilt or pivot f-smash more reliably when not using the c-stick.
Yeah, I can do anything smash-related more reliably without the c-stick, since it requires less... uh... sensitivity?

I guess that's why I use my extra stick for Attack. I was thinking that maybe I'm doing it wrong, and it's keeping me from reaching my potential :(

xx99

Smash Cadet
NNID
RagingCactus
3DS FC
3480-2539-5913
Nah, usually custom controls really do come down to personal preference.

Take tap jump as an example. When it's on, u-tilts and u-airs where you don't spend your midair jump are harder to execute. When it's off, u-smash OOS and up-B OOS are harder to execute.

Doesn't changing your c-stick to Attack also have the benefit of not stopping your aerial movement if you hold your sticks in opposite directions?

Charity Diary

Smash Rookie
Nah, usually custom controls really do come down to personal preference.

Take tap jump as an example. When it's on, u-tilts and u-airs where you don't spend your midair jump are harder to execute. When it's off, u-smash OOS and up-B OOS are harder to execute.

Doesn't changing your c-stick to Attack also have the benefit of not stopping your aerial movement if you hold your sticks in opposite directions?
Yeah, I think that's true.

Top Bottom