• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What secondary main should I use to counter Jiggs weaknesses?

Piko10e

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkwolf5056
3DS FC
1762-3015-1257
Every time I go to a tournament I always do really good with Jigglypuff until someone brings in characters like Sheik, Luigi, and ZSS. I have a problem dealing with short fighters as well like pikachu and diddy. And of coarse I get bodied to oblivion because I can't seem to beat them with Jiggs. I tried secondary maining ZSS to counter these high tier characters but since I'm not the best with her, I still get bodied. I also play some Meta Knight whenever I feel confident but that doesn't matter lol. Is there a specific character that I could learn/use for a secondary main that will help me counter Jiggs weaknesses?

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Try zoners, such as Villager. He can provide some good camping strategies that can pose threats to rushdown characters like Sheik and ZSS, and hitboxes on attacks like Lloid and Timber can hit the smaller characters like Pikachu. You can also go for faster/stronger characters such as Captain Falcon.

Jiggly

Drop the mic, cause these fools sleeping on me
The FBI Surveillance Van outside your house.
NNID
Jiggly101
Usually ZSS and Luigi are MUs in Puff's favor. They are really grab reliant, and puff can take advantage of that, and their arsenal for neutral just aren't that amazing. Sheik, pikachu, and Diddy can be hard.

If you like the puff playstyle, try pit. Pit can gimp diddy pretty easily with his arrows, and can use his ranged aerials and tilts to keep Pikachu out pretty well. Sheik may be a bit of a problem still tho. Depends on if you play the MU correctly, neutral won't be THAT horrid

Last edited:

Piko10e

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkwolf5056
3DS FC
1762-3015-1257
I'm going to try out Villager and Pit today. Pit I have more experience with since I used him a lot as a secondary main, but dropped him because I wanted someone who was fast and could deal with characters like sheik

ZeroJanitor

Smash Ace
Slippi.gg
ZJ#732
NNID
ZeroJanitor
Switch FC
SW-3025-9002-7252
Personally I use Fox to counter Puff's weaknesses but even he isn't that great against some characters. Maybe try him anyway and see what you think.

Piko10e

Smash Rookie
NNID
Darkwolf5056
3DS FC
1762-3015-1257
Try zoners, such as Villager. He can provide some good camping strategies that can pose threats to rushdown characters like Sheik and ZSS, and hitboxes on attacks like Lloid and Timber can hit the smaller characters like Pikachu. You can also go for faster/stronger characters such as Captain Falcon.
UPDATE: I'm actually having a lot of success with villager. Characters like Sheik and Captain Falcon just get barraged with projectiles. It also helps with rush down characters that would normally beat-up Jiggs in the match up. Villager helps with the MU's that I know Jigglypuff can't handle as well which is nice.

C0rvus

Pro Hands Catcher
Would ROB be a good choice? He's got good zoning, he's heavy but still has good recovery. A bit of the same, but with a different set of tools. I don't think he can deal with the likes of ZSS and Sheik though...

When in doubt, pick a high tier character. Your ZSS could easily be developed into a competent secondary, you ought to just practice the matchups that give your Puff trouble.

Last edited:

ThePuffDaddy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
flashman69
Sheik has virtually no bad matchups, so she is almost always a good option. Especially against the likes of Diddy, Luigi, and ZSS.

JIGGALOO!!

Smash Rookie
NNID
bubsyinclaws
Donkey Kong does everything the opposite of Jiggz, but plays very similar.

lead_magnet

Smash Rookie
I use Captian Falcon when it's a bad match-up for puff. I primarily use Falcon when I'm facing my friend who's a Little Mac main. When it's Puff v. Mac he always messes me up pretty bad but my Falcon v. Mac compensates for it.

Top Bottom