• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What secondaries complement Ridley’s matchups?

Predatoria

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-5219-6817-7975
You gotta be careful.

I've seen several former Ridley mains pick up a secondary, realize they're out-performing Ridley in pretty much every match-up, and then they ultimately drop him for the secondary. Choose wisely and don't spoil yourself with a high-tier pick.

Justin Allen Goldschmidt

Smash Journeyman
Falco. Just try it. He does really cool stuff to fast fallers and heavies, where I personally stuggled sometimes with Ridley. He especially helps with the R.O.B. matchup in my experience, and is also just really fun to play.

Last edited:

MeltyBrain

Smash Rookie
I have the same questions as the poster of this thread but I didn't think making a separate thread would've been a good idea. I've been having difficulties with zoning characters (i.e. toon link, young link. etc.) and was wondering who would be a good character to cover these options..

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Nevertheless, I would heed Predatoria's warning here. It always sucks seeing former Ridley mains pick up someone as a secondary to counter Ridley's toughest matchups, and then drop him for said secondary when they realize they outclass Ridley with most matchups. I have fun with the likes of Wolf and Palutena as secondaries, but still.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Any character that beats zoners is generally a good pick. That's why you hear a lot of Falco, Wolf, Palutena etc.

Lioncache

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
LION#321
i would compliment ridley, they do a lot of thankless work

Top Bottom