• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What options are there in friend mode?

JJBro1

Smash Journeyman
IGN said that "Anything you can do offline you can do online with friends" and right after that they should someone making a tournament which lead me to believe that you can do tournaments online (which i doubt) so what options are there in friend mode?

eazail

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, that would be pretty nice if you could do tournament mode online, and watch the matches

Shaolin-Ninja

Smash Apprentice
Tournaments would be a pain to do online; first, you'd have to have a judge stand by to watch, you'd have to deal with lag, and you'd need some good organizing before and after. But I imagine it would be possible to do in special tournaments that you plan to attend, but in which there's some sort of system that makes it possible to arrive later or something. Nevertheless, finals shouldn't be online, seeing as anyone could play in your name.

Meneks

Smash Lord
You can assemble your own tournament throught certain websites....But idk about tournament mode online.....It would be pretty cool though

Top Bottom