• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Music Does Your Main Listen to?

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
A total spur-of-the-moment idea I made up all by myself and totally not inspired by a profile post made by The Black Omen The Black Omen :yoshi:

Anyways, pretty simple. What sort of music would your main listens to? And I'm not limiting it to Smash Ultimate either, it could be most other fighting games.

My boi :ultyoshi: for example would probably listen to something you'd here as a romcom anime op, like this:

Also, you don't have to post media embeds for everything. In fact, I recommend it so this thread doesn't blow to smithereens. You could just say "Oh, Mii Gunner would listen to shoegaze" or something.:yoshi:

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I’m gonna list stuff for all my mains cause why not.

Snake: Classical composers like Bach and Beethoven. He doesn’t understand it, but it calms his nerves.

Ryu: For fun, Japanese folk music. But when he’s training, anything with a beat he can match his punches too.

Cloud: the Midgar equivalent to like… My Chemical Romance and Paramore. Edgey Emo Music.

Bayonetta: I feel like this one is cheating because so many of the songs featured in her games are just the things she listens to. So I guess all the real world songs on her ost.

Banjo & Kazooie both listen to Death Metal. No further explanation.

Kazuya, like most evil billionaires, listens exclusively to movie soundtracks, stupid raps made by YouTubers about how the wokes are ruining everything, and really cringe techno.

Kalashnikov

Smash Rookie
Wario canonically listens to country music while he works out, so there's your answer already.

As for some of my other characters, I like what SnakeFighter64 said about Snake. I think Kojima or someone stated something a long time ago that ran along the lines of "Snake listens to peaceful music", so classical stuff is pretty on brand. And as for the nerve-calming, I have a friend who labs fighting game combos to classical music for that exact reason, so that tracks too. Though I imagine he might have dipped into some country or 70's soft rock during his "retired badass" phase in Alaska. He 100% owns a Steely Dan hat.

The alt-rock acts from the Silent Hill series also come to my mind for some reason.

Top Bottom