• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What just happened??

Gehab

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrGehab
So I was playing a late night For Glory game when this happened.

I have never seen or experienced this before. Felt like sharing this cause it was both funny and weird. I kinda wanna try and see if it's easy to reproduce. We'll see.

Let me know if this has happened to you!

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Ignore the other post =P either he was joking, trolling or he misunderstood. What probably happened was you were holding down while trying to snap the ledge. Holding down is the input to ignore grabbing the ledge. Its actually quite a useful tool called a "Beefy Up-B" and is good with characters like Link, DK, Marth, Meta Knight, etc. where you might sometimes want to keep attacking above the edge without snapping first. Downside is that if you don't land on the stage or forget to stop holding down, you will kill yourself

Gehab

Smash Rookie
NNID
MrGehab
Ignore the other post =P either he was joking, trolling or he misunderstood. What probably happened was you were holding down while trying to snap the ledge. Holding down is the input to ignore grabbing the ledge. Its actually quite a useful tool called a "Beefy Up-B" and is good with characters like Link, DK, Marth, Meta Knight, etc. where you might sometimes want to keep attacking above the edge without snapping first. Downside is that if you don't land on the stage or forget to stop holding down, you will kill yourself
I guess this might be what happened. But I'm still doing the down b as I'm falling down. :O Would'nt it be canceled if I grabbed the edge?

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Not if you were still holding your analog stick down. As i saw it, you never grabbed the ledge

Last edited:

Triple R

Smash Lord
I've had this happen on Lylat on several occasions. Not sure. Could be similar to getting battlefielded in Melee.

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
Huh. I did not know about this. Thanks for the help! :)

Shisui-kun

Lurker for ever
NNID
Nyphador
Misunderstood, thought he was the Falco :p

Top Bottom