• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is with Square Enix?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProudNintendofan

Smash Apprentice
Apparently, Cloud was the very last character to be added back supposedly but I can't confirm that. But they've allowed Noctis into Tekken 7, 2B into SoulCalibur VI, but Cloud in Smash seems to be where they're drawing the line with promotion.

It's just beyond frustrating that they're doing this. Konami is allowing tons of Metal Gear and Castlevania characters, but yet, we don't get a Final Fantasy assist trophy, nor any new music. Square is like "You get Cloud and only Cloud." What is the deal? Square is so dumb.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Apparently, Cloud was the very last character to be added back supposedly but I can't confirm that. But they've allowed Noctis into Tekken 7, 2B into SoulCalibur VI, but Cloud in Smash seems to be where they're drawing the line with promotion.

It's just beyond frustrating that they're doing this. Konami is allowing tons of Metal Gear and Castlevania characters, but yet, we don't get a Final Fantasy assist trophy, nor any new music. Square is like "You get Cloud and only Cloud." What is the deal? Square is so dumb.
We don't even know that just yet. They may surprise us

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Square Enix is just salty that Dissidia NT was an even bigger embarrassment then MVCI.

They're lucky I made the mistake of buying that game digital, or I'd have refunded that **** as soon as I found out the game's difficulty system for fights was utter crap. This game was Final Fantasy's chance to get me interested in starting that series somewhere, and holy **** did they **** up any chance of that happening anytime soon. Yeah, no thanks, I'll stick to Kingdom Hearts.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Square Enix is just salty that Dissidia NT was an even bigger embarrassment then MVCI.

They're lucky I made the mistake of buying that game digital, or I'd have refunded that **** as soon as I found out the game's difficulty system for fights was utter crap. This game was Final Fantasy's chance to get me interested in starting that series somewhere, and holy **** did they **** up any chance of that happening anytime soon. Yeah, no thanks, I'll stick to Kingdom Hearts.
...why are you not playing Final Fantasy because of Dissidia?

THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT IS STEALTH. HE IS A NOTORIOUS LIAR. DISREGARD HIM COMPLETELY

Last edited:

IronTed

Smash Ace

THE PERSON WHO SAID THAT IS STEALTH. HE IS A NOTORIOUS LIAR. DISREGARD HIM COMPLETELY
Can confirm, Stealth is a charlatan and is not worth the time.

But yeah, it is very odd how stingy SE is compared to Sega, Capcom, and even Konami of all publishers. Not sure if true, but I remember reading the guy who composed FFVII's music is no longer at SE and that complicates things.

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
Because RPGs take forever to play through, and I wanted to play something that wouldn't take as long to get through to see if maybe one of these characters would peek my interest and get me to play that particular game.

So basically, it's my own damn fault for killing my interest in a series I had interest in thanks to smash. Again. :ultbayonetta:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Why does Squeenix even need promotion on Nintendo consoles? All their big recent stuff is off of Nintendo.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Why does Squeenix even need promotion on Nintendo consoles? All their big recent stuff is off of Nintendo.
Octopath is on Nintendo, FFXV they tried thier damnest to bring over, Dragon Quest XI S is coming and KHIII is super likely.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
That's middle-tier, not big (as in AAA).

The mobile version of their biggest game this gen.

Also middle-tier, not big.

Just speculation. Also, the main KH titles aren't even on Switch yet.
The actual FFXV they tried thier damnest to bring over, but the Switch can't support the Luminous Engine. DQXI is absolutely an AAA game, don't kid yourself, and Nomura himself said itnwas likely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom