• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is this?

Jasku

Smash Apprentice
A friend just sent me this. I don't know what is it, but it doesn't look like it's hard to do. Which could be the aplications of it?

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
1. It's exactly what it says it is. Canceling Spin Dash with shield but then immediately going into shield drop. Seems like very strict timing. Perhaps applying this concept but to shield dropping which would make it smooth like he's performing. Basically timing a shield drop with the shield cancel so shield doesn't even come out.

2. Sonic Orochi posted this a long time ago. Dair platform canceling. If you land on a grounded spring and Dair as you pass a platform, you get a platform cancel.

:093:

mnkeybr0

Smash Rookie
1. It's exactly what it says it is. Canceling Spin Dash with shield but then immediately going into shield drop. Seems like very strict timing. Perhaps applying this concept but to shield dropping which would make it smooth like he's performing. Basically timing a shield drop with the shield cancel so shield doesn't even come out.

2. Sonic Orochi posted this a long time ago. Dair platform canceling. If you land on a grounded spring and Dair as you pass a platform, you get a platform cancel.

thanks that helped alot :)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
thanks that helped alot :)
I still haven't tested the first one out for myself, but that's the only thing I could imagine it being.

Shield dropping is already awkward timing, so I'm curious how he's able to get get the spin dash shield cancel and the shield drop so seamlessly.

Jasku

Smash Apprentice

Thanks a loooot! :D
I'll test it out.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Thanks a loooot! :D
I'll test it out.
I think you can do the platform cancel on almost any stage with platforms, too. I haven't actually done the rounds to see.

Just kind of a bummer that grounded spring set-ups are so unreliable to actually get.

Any luck with the SDSC shield drop?

Top Bottom