• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the fastest way to get around a stage?

HyperSilver

Smash Cadet
what I usually do to get from one side of the stage to the other as fast as possible is DJC TP Fair or Nair to L-cancel then repeat but i was wondering if there was a faster way or just something else

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Star Fox trio side special.
Home Forums > Project M > Character Discussion > Mewtwo

And even then, there are a number of ways to move faster within the context of the cast as a whole. Wolf's in particular isn't very good for this sort of thing since it proceeds at an angle.

As far as Mewtwo goes, autocancel teleports have the potential to cover the greatest total distance in a given period of time... But that might not consistently translate into being the fastest way to get from point A to point B, if that makes any sense. It may depend on the total distance you're trying to cover and the topography between your start and end points.

For what it's worth, wavelanding out of aerial teleport should be a straight upgrade over your current method. Mewtwo's wavedash is one of the longest in PM.

Last edited:

HyperSilver

Smash Cadet
unfortuntley you can't waveland (or air dodge for that matter) out of a Teleport :(
but I would Love to know how you autocancel out of Teleport :) 'cause autocanceling is cutting out the very last part of the animations so please let me know

InfinityCollision

Smash Lord
Now I feel like an idiot for forgetting you can't airdodge out of teleport. Oh well.

Autocanceling teleport requires you to space your teleport such that you immediately land upon warping. It's then possible to act immediately out of teleport. An easy example is teleporting straight up to the top platform of Battlefield from the ground beneath it. A slightly more difficult example is running/wding off one of the side platforms towards the middle, then teleporting horizontally towards the other right as your feet go level with the platforms. Then you have stuff like angled teleports onto platforms, autocanceling from air to ground, ledge autocancels, short hop autocancels, etc.

The reason I don't necessarily think this is the fastest method for traveling between any two reasonably distant grounded points is that you're limited by the available teleport angles. This limits the horizontal distance you can cover if you can't do a walkoff into horizontal autocancel as above, and more significantly it requires you to reach a certain nontrivial minimum height in the same situation since the smallest possible angle is 17.1 degrees (and you'll almost certainly use a slightly larger angle since you can't afford to undershoot the angle).

This is not to say that it's not ridiculously useful in normal applications, especially since platforms are a thing; it's just worth noting that there's probably a faster way to get from one side of Training Room to the other.

victinivcreate1

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Wiiu4ssb4
3DS FC
3007-8585-6950
Now I feel like an idiot for forgetting you can't airdodge out of teleport. Oh well.

Autocanceling teleport requires you to space your teleport such that you immediately land upon warping. It's then possible to act immediately out of teleport. An easy example is teleporting straight up to the top platform of Battlefield from the ground beneath it. A slightly more difficult example is running/wding off one of the side platforms towards the middle, then teleporting horizontally towards the other right as your feet go level with the platforms. Then you have stuff like angled teleports onto platforms, autocanceling from air to ground, ledge autocancels, short hop autocancels, etc.

The reason I don't necessarily think this is the fastest method for traveling between any two reasonably distant grounded points is that you're limited by the available teleport angles. This limits the horizontal distance you can cover if you can't do a walkoff into horizontal autocancel as above, and more significantly it requires you to reach a certain nontrivial minimum height in the same situation since the smallest possible angle is 17.1 degrees (and you'll almost certainly use a slightly larger angle since you can't afford to undershoot the angle).

This is not to say that it's not ridiculously useful in normal applications, especially since platforms are a thing; it's just worth noting that there's probably a faster way to get from one side of Training Room to the other.
I wrote an entire guide on this. In genral, platform stages like BF, PS1 and 2, Dracula's Castle, Smashville, and other stages with low platforms akin to the BF ones you can do a 56.25 degree TP and autocancel. OnBF, I know you can sorta ledge cancel TP by having your back foot on the blue glowing arrow (on the ground) and TPing towards the ledge. Basically one of Mewtwo's feet need to be inside this arrow, and the other outside of it.

Now this is only useful for platform stages. For stages like FD, I have a solution. Sometimes when I try to practice the 56.25 on BF, I'l mess up the angle so its too low. It'll miss the platform, but its slightly above the ground. This leaves you with little air time, and if you can master this, you have complete freedom of movement using TP.

I also like incorporating Hovers into B-Reverse Shadow Ball cancels, and then waveland backwards into a moonwalk and try to get an autocancel on platform or ledgegrab. Extremely tricky movement, and it can cover nice retreating distance. However this is only really viable on larger stages like Skyworld or Draculas. BF is too small for this.

Top Bottom