• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the deciding factor in the winner of tourney matches when it comes down to time?

WaterInAGlass

Smash Rookie
I have been wondering what decides who wins in an online tournament match when it comes down to time and the stocks are even. I had a lucas up to 85 percent and I was only at 15 (both on our last stock) but he still won somehow? I really just need some clarification on this.

Flamjam

Smash Cadet
NNID
Flamjam
From what I've seen, playing various modes, the priority of winnings go to - Whoever has the most stocks. When that ties, then to whoever has KO'd the most people, then when that ties, whoever has done the most damage. It has little to do with how much damage you have at the end. (however I'm not certain if on FFA stock matches that whoever has the most stocks left wins over someone who KO'd the most people)

This is why, sometimes it's better to rack up damage on your opponent than to go for an early KO in a match you feel may drag on.

On FFA I found interesting to note that if someone has 3 KOs and 2 falls, and someone else has 2 KOs and 1 fall, though their points technically tie, the person with the most KOs wins, even if the second person did more damage.

But yeah it's simpler to follow on 1v1 and not entirely fair but eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh

Top Bottom