• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is the best 2v2 team with customs?

ItsZyker

Smash Rookie
NNID
ItsZyker
I am asking this question from a competitive point of view. Tell me your opinion and why you think so, and also tell me the custom set on the character.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Fox with default reflector, olimar with order tackle. Nothing else matters. This is due to a major glitch with order tackle by which pikmin getti,g reflected and called back get a ludicrous power boost, causing fairs to do like 40% per hit and crap like that.

Teh Sandwich

Smash Apprentice
Fox with default reflector, olimar with order tackle. Nothing else matters. This is due to a major glitch with order tackle by which pikmin getti,g reflected and called back get a ludicrous power boost, causing fairs to do like 40% per hit and crap like that.
Order tackle will undoubtedly be banned in any 2v2 event.

Ansou

Smash Ace
NNID
Ansoulom
3DS FC
4897-5959-9210
I don't count this as a legit team. A you said, this is a glitch and it should be banned UNTIL THE DEVS PATCH IT OUT which I certainly hope that they will do.

PUK

Smash Ace
NNID
Simlock92
3DS FC
4141-4118-5477
I am asking this question from a competitive point of view. Tell me your opinion and why you think so, and also tell me the custom set on the character.
Zelda with phantom strike, and falcon.
First, strike has a set knock back value: in double it means that your teammate will know where you send your victim flying. It comes quickly but there is a visual, and it does a lot of damage. So captain falcon can get follow ups. Like Fair or Fsmash. Both give high reward.
Secondly both covers other weaknesses, like falcon recovery, Zelda punishable moves etc you can't ignore one of them to focus on the other. Finally both have class and top tier taunt.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Order tackle will undoubtedly be banned in any 2v2 event.
Likely so will the MLG Ball. I got 3rd in Doubles today, and the winning team was using the MLG Ball, which we had all known about since we saw it on Reddit. They never dropped a game.

Crazy thing is? The Lucario didn't even have to play most of the time. All he had to do was sit in a corner charging, shoot his ball out, Villager would always have lots of time to pocket it, then Villager could whip it out and multikill. The team who got 2nd came close, but they were very, very good. The MLG Ball team was two randoms who didn't know each other.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
What about Villager + Custom Samus Dense Charge Shot? Is that as powerful as Villager + Lucario combination? How about Rage Hammer Kirby + Ia Countering Marth/Lucina?

Pazx

hoo hah
NNID
Pazx13
What makes the MLG ball so broken anyway? Do other powerful pocketed projectiles behave similarly?

Also legit teams: Ness + Projectile User, Villager + Projectile User, G&W + Projectile User

Last edited:

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
What makes the MLG ball so broken anyway? Do other powerful pocketed projectiles behave similarly?

Also legit teams: Ness + Projectile User, Villager + Projectile User, G&W + Projectile User
I think it's a unique glitch, just like Olimar + Reflector. Pocket is supposed to give pocketed projectiles 1.9x power, but the base damage of MLG ball is only 10%, so pocketing it should only make it do 19% -- high, but reasonable. It instead somehow increases it's damage 5.7x, to a ridiculous 57% and instant KO. Villager's pocket plus isn't to blame, either, since that makes pocketing easier, but much weaker.

@ JmacAttack JmacAttack

Did you find any really interesting teams at the tourney that also did well? If so please let me know.
Sad to say, most of the others were Diddy + Diddy or ZSS + Sheik. My team was Ganon + Diddy.

Last edited:
Top Bottom