• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What is better to jump with?

FlowinWater

Smash Champion
Old school Falco here, started playing again and wondering what do the majority of the new age of high speed Falco use to jump? X or Y? I find it easy to multi shine with the control stick, but trying to maximize control of my character her and give him a 20XX update!

valakmtnsmash4

Smash Ace
NNID
yathshiv
Old school Falco here, started playing again and wondering what do the majority of the new age of high speed Falco use to jump? X or Y? I find it easy to multi shine with the control stick, but trying to maximize control of my character her and give him a 20XX update!
personally I prefer the X button for the air, but I see more people use y. Whatever works best for you.

GenNyan

Smash Ace
In a purely objective sense, Y is better because you can move your thumb to the c-stick faster. Its a very slight disadvantage, but finger speed can compensate for it.

Clint Jaguar

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ClintJaguar
Back when I was a Marth main, I exclusively used X. When I started playing spacies though, I made the switch to Y and I never looked back. It just makes things a whole lot easier.

Klemes

Smash Journeyman
Y for everything except jump-cancel shine stuff. So for double shines etc I use X to B, sliding over A with a quick fluid motion. It feels way more comfortable and reliable to me.

Bellum

Smash Rookie
I've always felt that Y was more natural, but I don't think it makes a huge difference either way.

Abaddun

Smash Cadet
I use X to jump, but when i multishine i switch it up to y as it makes it easier to teeter back and forth. However when i want to land a fast JC shine then i use X as my hands are too fast to use Y. Hope that makes sense lol.

Top Bottom