• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What Instrument Do You Play, and Why?

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
For me, I currently play Bass Clarinet. When I switched, I loved the low sound it made, and nobody else in my band played it. Bass was always cool, and I've stuck with it for about four years now. I say "currently play" because I'm going to make the HUGE leap into Viola very soon. I've realized recently that despite all the time I've spent with BC, it's really not for me anymore. One of those "musical shifts", you know? It'll be a big challenge, but I'm really excited. Wish me luck!

But enough about me, there are a gargantuan amount of musical instruments, and every single one has at least one person excited to play it. So what's yours?

lady_sky skipper

Smash Ace
I used to play the baritone in middle school but personal problems led me to drop band class. Before, I played the coronet, but my lips were too thick for it.

Wow, this brings back memories of cleaning my mouth piece and carrying it around.

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
I play alto sax. I'm currently trying to achieve new planes with my sound and expressiveness. I got a decent horn (Barcelona BAS-200NK) with decent-ish mouthpieces (Yamaha 4c and a UmSky metal mouthpiece). I'm going to buy a Meyer HR soon though (Yamaha 4c is not dynamically versatile enough and the UmSky is too finnicky).

Kaze Arashi

Smash Journeyman
Queens New York. Occasionally in Smashville
NNID
marshie2014
I play clarinet because I felt like it'd be fun to learn and apparently, I had a thing for music when people told me I was so good at reading notes and learning by ear. I became the best of my music class with the clarinet. GG

Baby_Sneak

Smash Champion
NNID
sneak_diss
For me, I currently play Bass Clarinet. When I switched, I loved the low sound it made, and nobody else in my band played it. Bass was always cool, and I've stuck with it for about four years now. I say "currently play" because I'm going to make the HUGE leap into Viola very soon. I've realized recently that despite all the time I've spent with BC, it's really not for me anymore. One of those "musical shifts", you know? It'll be a big challenge, but I'm really excited. Wish me luck!

But enough about me, there are a gargantuan amount of musical instruments, and every single one has at least one person excited to play it. So what's yours?
Check this out

Top Bottom