• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if Smash Had a Rivals Feature?

Dededekage Kira

Smash Rookie
What if Smash had a Rivals feature similar to Street Fighter where the characters have a dialogue in a short cutscene before starting to fight during Classic Mode, what interactions and rivalry ideas would you have?

Quillion

Smash Hero
What if Smash had a Rivals feature similar to Street Fighter where the characters have a dialogue in a short cutscene before starting to fight during Classic Mode, what interactions and rivalry ideas would you have?
Considering that many of the bigger Nintendo protagonists don't talk, I'm not so sure such a feature would work.

I'm more in favor of special team victory poses myself. Like where if you have two characters on the same winning team, they do a special victory pose.

UserKev

Smash Champion
Dialogue wouldn't really work but you can showcase rivalries through unique taunts before the battle. Mario and Wario could taunt each other and lightly shoulder charge at each other, resulting in a match.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Dialogue wouldn't really work but you can showcase rivalries through unique taunts before the battle. Mario and Wario could taunt each other and lightly shoulder charge at each other, resulting in a match.
That would probably work better in a tailored "Arcade Mode" like I'm suggesting Ultimate's Classic mode be separated into.

Not so much in Vs. Mode where spawn points are so different from stage to stage.

Top Bottom