• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What if, besides Red, every playable trainer had their own "canonical" team?

D

Deleted member

Have you ever wondered how it would have been if you could battle other playable trainers besides Red in GSC, HGSS and Sun/Moon ?

But the toughest question is: what their Pokémon team would consist of ?

Let's take a look back to Red's team:

- :003:
- :006:
- :009:
- :025:
- :131: (previously :196: in GSC)
- :143:

A half of his team consists of the final forms of the starters of Kanto, the region Red comes from.
Then we have Pikachu, the mascot of the Yellow version, which consisted of a modified Red/Green/Blue version with some elements from the anime into it.
Then we have Lapras, the Pokémon the Silph Co. gived to Red for saving them from Team Rocket and Game Freak replaced Espeon with in order to allow Red to abuse 100% accuracy Blizzard under the hail in HGSS.
And finally we have Snorlax, which was the only non-legendary Pokémon to be interacted with and for having a unique overworld sprite.

To summarize:
- The 3 (+1) starters of his region.
- And 2 other Pokémon which had a significant role either plot-wise, lore-wise, or both.

Now, with these criterias into account:

Ethan/Kris/Lyra team:

- Meganium
- Typhlosion
- Feraligatr
-
-
-

Brendan/May team:

- Sceptile
- Blaziken
- Swampert
-
-
-

:4lucas:/Dawn team:

- Torterra
- Infernape
- Empoleon
-
-
-

Hilbert/Hilda/Nate/Rosa team

- Serperior
- Emboar
- Samurott
-
-
-

Calem/Serena team

- Chesnaught
- Delphox
- Greninja
-
-
-

Sun/Moon team

- Decidueye
- Incineroar
- Primarina
-
-
-

With which Pokémon would you fill the empty spots for each playable trainer's team canonically-wise ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Johto gets :185::176: and :249:/:250:.

The first two are gifts/events in game while the last one would be the legendary.

D

Deleted member

Johto gets :185::176: and :249:/:250:.

The first two are gifts/events in game while the last one would be the legendary.
I would suggest to replace :249:/:250: by red :130: instead, as Red doesn't have :150: in his team either.

Would also make :176: to involve into Togekiss.

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
You can make a claim and say that Red is from Pokemon yellow which would give him access to the three starters, Pikachu and two others while the other trainers from the other generations will have only have the canon starter they had in the anime +5 others from that generation.

D

Deleted member

Here's how I see what Hoenn and Unova teams would consist of:

Hoenn

- Sceptile
- Blaziken
- Swampert
- Gardevoir (has been so popular during the Gen 3 era it managed to get a male-only counterpart in Gen 4 and Mega Evos for both on Gen 6. Make it to be female to differentiate it from Wally's Gallade.)
- Exploud
- Claydol (these latter 2 are in reference to the team your rival use in multi-battle with you in the Battle Maison in ORAS.)

Unova

- Serperior
- Emboar
- Samurott
- Zoroark (was initially Unova's posterboy and intended to be the new Lucario.)
- Cinccino (in reference to Pokédex 3D where Minccino was among the first Pokémon available at the start, and Minccino was also the very first Pokémon to be captured in Hidden Grottoes in B2W2.)
- Haxorus (in reference to Axew who can be selected as a playable Pokémon in Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity and to the shiny Haxorus you are able to catch in the Nature Preserve after having seen all the Pokémon of the Unova Dex.)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If I had to take a crack at it...

Ethan/Lyra:
Meganium
Typhlosion
Feraligatr
Togekiss
Sudowoodo
Shuckle

Brendan/May:
Sceptile
Blaziken
Swampert
Castform (only mandatory gift 'Mon in Hoenn, IIRC...)
Metagross (...besides Beldum :p)
Latios or Latias (mandatory in ORAS)

Lucas/Dawn:
Torterra
Infernape
Empoleon
Lucario (Riolu egg)
Blissey (Happiny egg)
Spiritomb (special encounter)

Hilbert/Hilda:
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Darmanitan (special Zen Mode one)
Zoroark (special encounter)
Reshiram or Zekrom (...kind of canonical already)

Nate/Rosa:
Serperior
Emboar
Samurott
Lucario (Animated short makes this canon ish)
Haxorus (shiny from that one event)
Volcarona (from that one event)

Callum/Serena:
Chesnaught
Delphox
Greninja
Lucario (gift Pokémon)
Sylveon (most emphasized Fairy Pokémon)
Talonflame (your parent has a Fletchling and they show up all throughout the game)

Elio/Selene(?):
Decidueye
Incineroar
Primarina
Lycanroc (hugely promoted)
Silvally (gift Pokémon)
Mimikyu (for promotion) or Snorlax (for the Snorlaxium Z event)

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I think canonically Lance got the Red Gyarados, however in GS you also get a Shuckle on your team.

If I remember correctly, the Shuckle does have story behind it. I think it was abused and abandoned by Silver

Edit: Also, "
I'm a little disappointed he can't do that anymore. I was unaware he couldn't

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I think canonically Lance got the Red Gyarados, however in GS you also get a Shuckle on your team.

If I remember correctly, the Shuckle does have story behind it. I think it was abused and abandoned by Silver

Edit: Also, "
I'm a little disappointed he can't do that anymore. I was unaware he couldn't
I love Shuckle, but I forgot it was a gift, haha. Edited it into my list. :p

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I tried to keep it to Gift and Interactable Pokémon to follow Red's example and then make any decisions based on which one fits and which one would make their teams more balanced out. I also ignored Legendary options that weren't required to be caught as the games usually leave it ambiguous and it's sometimes implied that they aren't caught such as with Mewtwo and the Legendary Birds. So without further ado:

Gen 2: Togekiss, Gyarados, Espeon/Umbreon
Gen 3: Castform, Cradily/Armaldo, Metagross/Lati@s (ORAS only)
Gen 4: Lucario, Glaceon/Leafeon, Porygon-Z
Gen 5: Zoroark, Volcarona, Archeops (Reshiram/Zekrom in a special updated battle)
Gen 5-2: Zoroark, Braviary/Mandibuzz, Haxorus
Gen 6: Kanto Starter, Lucario, Snorlax
Gen 7: Silvally, Aerodactyl, Alolan Exeguttor

-For Gen 2, Togekiss is done because you get its Egg from Mr. Pokémon, Gyarados because the player is forced to encounter it and it's the first shiny a majority of players encountered, Espeon/Umbreon because you get an Eevee and those two Eeveeluions are new to the Generation.
-For Gen 3, Castform because you get it for defeating Team Aqua/Magma and it shows off the weather mechanic that's important to the region, Cradily/Armaldo are mostly for balance, and Metagross for a powerful trump card. Lati@s can replace Metagross in the case of ORAS since they have a mechanic and a small story sequence that gets them caught.
-Gen 4: You get Riolu from Riley and Lucario's Lucario, Glaceon/Leafeon for the same reasons as Espeon/Umbreon, Porygon-Z for a new evolution to an old favorite.
-Gen 5: Zoroark as I think it's implied to have been caught in B2W2, Volcarona because you get an Larvesta egg, and Archeops because the other options are Fire or Grass type and this team needs balance. Considering Reshiram/Zekrom is implied to be on their team in B2W2, a special battle could be had where they replace any of those options for the Legendary Dragon, but only in that case.
-Gen 5-2: Zoroark because you get N's Zorua and N even remarks on it if you use it at Victory Road, Braviary/Mandibuzz as they're an encounter that showcases Hidden Abillities, and Haxorus due to that post-game bonus for completing the Unova dex.
-Gen 6: Kanto Starter because Sycamore gives you one, Lucario because of the Korrina event, Snorlax for a more tanky option then Lapras.
-Gen 7: Silvally as you get one of the three Type: Nulls from Gladion, Aerodactyl as it's one of the few other Gift Pokémon and it's a more balanced option, Alolan Exeguttor because of the story event at Exeguttor Island.

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Gen 2's really easy thanks to all the special encounters/ gifts: alongside the starters, Togekiss, Sudowoodo, and Umbreon. I honestly can't imagine a canonical team for Gold/ Lyra without the first two, since those are pretty early game encounters, and since Togepi was a huge deal for Gen 2... yeah. Umbreon's a lot more debatable, but outside of Shuckle, Red Gyarados, and Dragonite in HGSS, that's the end of the gifts, and since all three of those are repetitive thanks to typing, plus, again, there's no way Togekiss and Sudowoodo wouldn't be on there, so there wasn't many options left without diving into any old Pokémon. Umbreon got picked over Espeon mostly due to Red having the latter (even if it is possibly non-canon now, even though it should be).
Gen 3... much harder here. The only "required" gift Pokémon is Castform, with the only event that I can think of being Kecleon. Since both are of the same type, I don't think both should happen, so I guess no Kecleon and instead, Castform. The last two... Gardevoir and Absol. Both are really popular Hoenn 'mon. That's... all there is to it, really. I would have included both of the fossil Pokémon, but... both are repetitive when together (and Cradily suffers from that problem even without Armaldo) and one without the other would just feel... odd.
Gen 4... I'm going to get killed for saying this, but no Lucario. Yeah, I care more for type repetition more than mascot status, sue me. Instead... Luxray, Porygon-Z, and Spiritomb. Luxray's really popular, Porygon-Z's an event 'mon in Platinum, and Spiritomb's... Spiritomb. I guess you could replace Spiritomb with Rotom, but eh, I prefer the ghost of destruction. :p

... And that's all you'll get from me tonight because I have other stuff to do.

:094:

D

Deleted member

I don't think they would have every starter on their team. Red only got all 3 starters because it follows the Yellow canon. Though you can get all 3 Johto starters if you cheat in Gen 2. :troll:
Jokes aside, here's my team for Ethan.
:157: - Most popular Johto starter (And my personal favorite of them).
:181: - Very popular Johto Pokemon that's also available very early on.
Togekiss - Evolved from the Togepi that hatched from the egg you get in the beginning of the game.
:185: - The same one that blocks the path to Ecruteak City and gets annoyed after you use the SquirtBottle on it.
:212: - Bug catching contest winner.
And either :130: - The Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage or :245: to make up for no cover legendary.
Now on to Brendan.
Swampert - Did I mention that they get the starters that I like the most?
Gardevoir - Mostly for Mega Gardevoir vs Mega Gallade in Victory Road.
Manectric - You can't play Hoenn without an Electric type on your team. I know this sounds random but bear with me.
Castform - The same one you receive at the Weather Institute.
Latios - The Latios you protect in Southern Island. (I'm following the Omega Ruby canon despite Alpha Sapphire being the version that I played)
Groudon

Edit:

Dawn: (The protagonists are also based off my preference, like with the starters)
Infernape
Luxray - Simillar to Ampharos as it's a popular Pokemon that's also available early on.
Gastrodon - I'm sorry, but it would make zero sense if any protagonist somehow didn't have a surfer.
Porygon-Z - Gift Pokemon
Lucario - Hatched from the Riolu Egg you get at Iron Island.
Giratina (Following the Platinum canon)

Next up - Hillbert.
Samurott
Gigalith - More of a filler. There aren't many gift Pokemon in Unova.
Krookodile - One of my favorite Pokemon. It's a biased choice but again, there aren't many gift Pokemon in Unova.
Amoonguss - These things are everywhere in Unova. It's more of a filler, like Gigalith.
Chandelure - My personal favorite Pokemon. Like Krookodile, it's a biased choice, but there aren't many gift Pokemon in Unova. I know Volcarona could work with this one, but if I were Hillbert, I wouldn't wait until the post game to complete my team.
Zekrom (Following the White canon)

Rosa:
Emboar - I don't like any of the Unova starters besides Samurott, but Emboar is better than Serperior at least.
Magnezone - Mostly to represent the fact BW2 brought back older Pokemon.
Braviary - Again, following the White/White 2 canon. The same one you can catch at Route 4.
Zoroark - Evolved form of N's Zorua.
Jellicent (Female) - The same one you can catch at Undella Bay in White 2.
Coballion - To make up for the lack of a cover legendary as they're only catchable post-game. I chose it as it's the first one of the Swords of Justice that you can catch, but it might as well be Virizion or Terrakion.

Serena:
Greninja
Talonflame - No real reason. I just feel like it fits.
Venusaur - The Kanto starter given by Sycamore. Chose it because A. It's the only one of the 3 starters whose type isn't covered yet, and B. It's my favorite of the 3. :p
Aegislash - One of the most popular Pokemon of Gen 6.
Tyrantrum - Yes, I know I've ignored all Fossil Pokemon up to this point. But the Gen 6 Fossils are more common on people's teams than previous Fossils. This may sound dumb but idc.
Yveltal (Following the Y canon)

And last but not least, Sun!
Decidueye
Alolan Raichu - To represent Alolan forms. Chose it as it's one of the most promoted one of the bunch.
Lycanroc (Midday Form) - Highly promoted. Also, I'm folliowing the Sun canon.
Vaporeon - The same Eevee you get from the Egg at the Pokemon Nursery.
Zygarde - Assembled from Zygarde Cells
Solgaleo

I gave most of them the cover legendary despite the fact I never use it myself, because catching the cover Legendary would feel kind of pointless if they don't use it. However, Ethan doesn't use Ho-oh or Lugia because I felt they aren't very important to the story. Suicune kinda fills the same roles as they do.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I may not know each trainer's canonical party, but I do know MY player's canonical party

\

\

\

\

\

\

Water 10

Dragon 8

Bug 8

Steel 7

Grass 6

Ghost 6

Dark 6

Rock 5

Poison 5

Ground 5

Psychic 5

Flying 5

Electric 5

Fire 4

Fighting 3

Normal 3

Ice 2

Fairy 0

Water, Dragon, Bug, Steel are apparently the types I use the most

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A good question let me see

Ethan/Lyra
Typholsion
Ferligatr
Magnium
Ampharos
Steelix

Branddan/May
Blaziken
Seampert
Sceptile
Hariyama
Metagross
Delcatty

Hilbert/Hilda
Empoleon
Infernape
Torterra
Garchomp
Lucario
Glaceon

Nate/Rosa
Samurott
Serperior
Emboar
Volcarona
Conkeldurr
Zekrom

Calem/Serena
Greninja
Delphox
Chesnaught
Aegislash
Charizard
Goodra

Sun/Moon
Incineroar
Primarina
Decidueye
Mimikyu
Alola Exeguttor
Silvally

If I spelt some of their names wrong I apologize these are who I think are on their teams.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Oh boy. I'm glad that there's a thread like this. I've been playing Pokemon as canonically as possible for a while now, but I haven't exactly nailed down the canon, so I've been hoping for a place to discuss it. I know, I know, you're supposed to self-insert yourself as the protagonist and play it your way, but I don't really have as much fun when I play it like that. I see the Pokemon games more as an interactive story than an actual game. I don't really see the protagonists as the player anyway, seeing how they all continue on with their lives after you beat the main game and post-game and are usually referenced by NPC trainers in newer games albeit subtlety because GameFreak doesn't really like canonizing their games. I know ORAS introduced the multiverse theory and basically made everything canon, but I still feel like there's a mainline canon that the games generally follow, albeit very discreetly. Anyway, I'll be posting my personal thoughts on the canon protagonist/version.

First up is Red, obviously.
gen 1 red mugshot.png
We already know his canon team because of GSCHGSS. The only way his team is possible is through Pokemon Yellow version, where he gets Pikachu as his starter, and is given the Kanto starters in the middle of his journey. He also catches the Snorlax blocking one of the routes in Kanto, and is given a Lapras after defeating Blue (although I prefer to call him Green) in Silph Co. Although GSC gives him an Espeon, HGSS later retcons this and gives him the Lapras instead.

Next up is Ethan/Gold.
hgss gold mugshot.png
Because Red acquiring an Espeon in Pokemon Yellow is impossible, we have to assume that Pokemon HGSS takes place after Pokemon Yellow in particular, instead of Pokemon GSC taking place after Yellow. We also have to overlook Red's initial Gen 1 design in Yellow to his FRLG redesign in HGSS. Maybe Red had a change of clothes sometime between the three year timelapse?

I feel like Ethan is the canon protagonist of the Johto games because, not only was he the only option in Gold and Silver, but the concept art of his mother for GS closely resembles him, probably due to the aforementioned reason.

In any case, Ethan's team is also going to be based off in-game gift/event Pokemon.

Typhlosion - Often depicted having chosen Cyndaquil as his starter.
Togekiss - Obtained as a Togepi Egg from Professor Elm's assistant.
Sudowoodo - Caught on Route 36 after being attacked by it for using the Squirt Bottle on it.
Umbreon - Obtained as an Eevee from Bill in Goldenrod City.
Red Gyarados - Caught in the Lake of Rage.
Dragonite - Obtained from the Master in the Dragon's Den as a Dratini.

It's a no-brainer, Ethan is often depicted having chosen Cyndaquil as his partner Pokemon. I can't really see Silver choosing any starter other than Totodile anyway.

More often than not, he's also depicted with using the Togepi he hatched from the Egg that was given to by Professor Elm's assistant. If this was GSC Ethan, his Togekiss would've been stuck as a Togetic. Since Gen 2 introduced Egg Pokemon and being able to evolve Pokemon with a high enough friendship, it's only right for Ethan to use him on his team.

As for Sudowoodo, well, like Red, it feels only right that Ethan would capture and use the Sudowoodo that was blocking his path on Route 36.

Umbreon comes from the Eevee that is given to him by Bill in Goldenrod City. Gen 2 introduced the Day and Night system as well as the Dark type, so Umbreon's existence on Ethan's team is a pretty open and shut case. It also would've been the polar opposite to Red's Espeon in GSC.

Gen 2 also introduced Shiny Pokemon, which justifies the Red Gyarados event in the Lake of Rage being on Ethan's team.

As for Dragonite, well, it's a gift Pokemon.

E Brendan mugshot.png
In RSE, Brendan had black hair, which makes Norman being his father make more sense than May being Norman's child. I chose Emerald over (Omega) Ruby or (Alpha) Sapphire because the story is more "balanced" than if it was (Omega) Ruby or (Alpha) Sapphire. Although Steven says he's the Champion of Hoenn, which implies he's the current Champion, for all we know, Wallace could've given back his title between the three year time span of RSE and HGSS. In the PWT in B2W2, both former and current Champions are counted.

Anyway, to clarify his team:

Sceptile - Often depicted having chosen Treecko has his starter.
Swellow - Token flying Pokemon.
Castform - Given to him by a staff member of the Weather Institute from saving them from Team Aqua.
Milotic - Token water/surf Pokemon. Also had a very unique method of both catching it as a Feebas and evolving it.
Aggron - Depicted in PM06 owning a Shiftry.
Shiftry - Depicted in PM06 owning a Shiftry.

Dawn resembles her mother, Johanna, much more than Lucas does, IMO.

As for the version, well... Although Diamond and Pearl starts off with the Red Gyarados from the Lake of Rage, Platinum is probably the more correct choice. since Cynthia in Pokemon BW references the protag fighting Giratina.

Here comes the hard part. I think the correct choice of starters is that Lucas gets Turtwig, Barry gets Chimchar, and Dawn gets Piplup, but if Dawn's the PC and picks Piplup, then Barry chooses Turtwig, leaving Lucas with Chimchar, so there's really no perfect way for this to work out. Oh well.

PT Dawn mugshot.png

Empoleon - Often depicted having chosen Piplup as her starter.
Togekiss - Obtained from a Togepi Egg from Cynthia in Eterna City.
Ambipom - I can see her having an Ambipom for some reason. Maybe it's because of the anime?
Glaceon - Obtained as an Eevee from Bebe in Hearthome City, evolved into a Glaceon since Gen 4 introduced Leafeon and Glaceon, and I can see Dawn having a Glaceon over Leafeon.
Lucario - Obtained as a Riolu Egg from Riley after making it through Iron Island.
Rotom - Caught at the Old Chateau at night.

BW Hilda mugshot.png
Hilda resembles her mother much more than Hilbert does. They share the same pose in the X-transceiver, and not only do their hairstyles resemble each other more, but they also share the same blue colored eyes. Anyway...

Samurott - Although I could see Hilda picking either Tepig or Oshawott, Oshawott feels more right. Snivy resembles Cheren a bit, so Oshawott it is.
Watchog - Cheren and Bianca both respectively catch a Purrloin and Lillipup on Route 1, so Hilda probably caught a Patrat on Route 1 as well.
Simisear - Given as a Pansear by a girl in the Dreamyard.
Zebstrika - Since Cheren and Bianca respectively catch a Pidove (#519) and Munna (#517), Hilda probably catches a Blitzle (#522). Pokedex neighbors, y'know?
Beartic - Once again, Pokedex neighbors. Bianca gets a Chandelure (#609), and Cheren gets a Haxorus (#612), so Hilda gets a Beartic (#614).
Zekrom - Mandatory capture and usage. Hilda seems to represent the idea of ideals moreso than truth—she sets out on a journey to become stronger just like Cheren. N gets Reshiram, which both represents and resembles him better than if he had Zekrom. It also means that, in B2W2, he passes down Reshiram to Nate, who, to an extent, represents the idea of truth—the truth about what happened to Hugh's sister's Purrloin. That's the best I could make of it anyway.

B2W2 Nate mugshot.png
Once again, Nate resembles his mother a bit more than Rosa does.

Emboar - Often depicted having chosen Tepig as his starter, also shown in the animated trailer for B2W2.
Lucario - Shown in the animated trailer for B2W2.
Arcanine -Shown in the animated trailier for B2W2.
Sawsbuck - Obtained as a Deerling from the Weather Institute on Route 6.
Simipour - It WOULD be Simisage to cover for his starter's water type weakness, but for some reason, Hugh has a Simisage if his starter was Oshawott.
Braviary - Caught on Route 4 on Thursday.

XY Serena mugshot.png

Grace being Serena's mother and Calem being the son of two prestigious trainers makes more sense than the other way around, IMO. Pokemon Y feels like the better version for the game's plot, where Lysandre attempts to kill everyone in Team Flare's Hideout instead of just giving everyone eternal life.

Delphox - Serena is often depicted having chosen Fennekin as her starter.
Blastoise - Obtained from Professor Sycamore in Lumoise City after defeating him in battle.
Sylveon - Pretty much one of Gen 6's poster Pokemon since Gen 6 introduced the Fairy type and a Fairy type Eeveelution to go alongside it. Also introduced affection.
Lucario - Obtained from Korrina at the top of the Tower of Mastery.
Lapras - Obtained by a Trainer in Route 12.
Yveltal - Mandatory capture.
USUM Elio mugshot.png
Although there's no indicator whether Pokemon Sun or Ultra Sun is canon in the prime timeline (though it's speculated to be Sun), creating a canonical team for Elio in USUM is as easy as pie. With the promotional art of Episode Rainbow Rocket, we're pretty much given a canon team for Elio.

Ultra_Sun_Ultra_Moon_Team_Rainbow_Rocket.png

Incineroar - Often depicted having chosen Litten as his starter.
Toucannon - No further commentary.
Lycanroc-Dusk - Only available in USUM.
Tsareena - No further commentary.
Alolan Ninetales - Only available in Ultra Sun.
Alolan Raichu - Obtained from the Boss of Surf Association after becoming No. 1 on all four Mantine Surf courses. Surfing Alolan Raichu feels better than non-Surfing Alolan Raichu anyway.

I'll come back to this thread when I've played through Pokemon Sword/Shield at least once or twice and have enough information to determine the canon for it.

Attachments

Last edited:

BigDamnHero

Smash Rookie
Red's Team. Venusaur revealed to be his canon starter in Let's Go.

:025:
:068:/:009:
:059:/:006:
:131:/:196:
:143:
:003:
Ethan's assumed team based on in-game encounters.
Male is assumed Fire starter, Female is assumed Grass starter.

:157:
:176:
:185:
:130: *
:183:/:179:/:133:/:213:/:237: (debatable)
:149:
Referenced from ORAS rather than in-game encounters.
Female is assumed Fire starter.

Magcargo (Blaziken)
Swellow
Raichu
Wailord (Swampert)
Breloom (Sceptile)
Claydol/Exploud
The last slot is debatable, though is often assumed to be Rotom.
Female is assumed to have the Water starter.

STARTER
Togekiss
Leafeon/Glaceon
Porygon-Z
Lucario
Drifloon/Spiritomb/Rotom/Clefairy/Kadabra/Blissey
The 5th slot could be a lot of things.
Male is assumed to have the Fire starter. Female is assumed to have the Grass starter.

STARTER
Simisear (Water Starter)/Simipour (Grass Starter)/Simisage (Fire Starter)
Lucario
Arcanine
Zoroark/Musharna/Darmanitan/Sawsbuck/Crustle/Volcanion/Garchomp/Dragonite
Carracosta/Archeops
Female is assumed to have the Fire Starter.

STARTER
Kanto Starter
Sylveon
Lucario
Lapras
Meowstic
It can be assumed Male=Water and Female=Grass based on their outfits, though Male has been shown with Fire.

STARTER
Lycanroc-Dusk
Toucannon
Tsareena
Alolan Ninetales
Alolan Raichu

Last edited:
Top Bottom