• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What I Have Observed About Zamus So Far

sherigami

Smash Journeyman
I main Pit, but I want to get better with Zamus, which is why I am posting here. I am just saying what I have observed about her so far. You can offer more info, or disagree with what I have said, we are here to learn as much as we can. Some of this information has been gathered by me by watching videos, so I do not take full credit for writing this, however the words are my own.

General play: Zero Suit is a precision character, therefore you can put no opportunity to waste, if you see an opening, you must take it. Speed and unpredictability are her strong points, and she must be played accordingly. Her fast moves are used for combos, and her slower moves are used for edgeguarding and killing. The lasers are a big part in getting combos in, because of their speed when uncharged, and stun. The side-B whip is important as well, because of its killing potential and guaranteed tipper.

Recovering: Zero Suit's recovery is very limited, especially with the easy edge-hog, because her tether cannot be used when an opponent is hanging on the ledge. This can. however, be countered. If you are trying to recover, and somebody is already edgehogging, you can A: Shoot a laser at them, then up-B, or B: use the down-B then spike them if they are at a high enough percentage(NOTE: Only use the Down-B to spike if you are either high enough to use your up-B afterwards or still have your second jump). As well, if an opponent is going towards an edge hog, and you have enough time, the side-B can be very useful in preventing them from grabbing the edge and helping you recover.

Approaching an opponent: Obviously your approach should always vary to reduce predictability. A good approach that I have found is to short hop, charge the laser, then shoot. If they get hit, then that is very good, as it opens them up to a huge variety of attacks. If they dodge it, then you must hit them right when their invincibilty frames run out. Remember, Zamus is a precision character. If none of that works, and they end up throwing a counter attack at you, you can spot dodge. From there, you have a lot of options. You can shoot a laser, opening them up for combos, you can do a grab combo, or go in for the side-B whip attack if they can die from it. A very hated move that is oh so spammable is the up-B. It is good for being annoying and racking up damage. The tip of it sends the opponet down, so if you are below an enemy who is on a platform, you can do it two or three times before they can do anything. When they are recovering from it, go for an uair.

Defending from attacks: If an opponent is slow(like Ike, DK, Dedede, Bowser, etc.) then you can do a tilt, all of which are very quick. If you are getting attacked by a faster character, then a fast attack is aslo a good counter. You must also weigh range and priority. If the opponent is going in for a charge attack, a laser can be used. If they are already at you, then you can dodge, then do an attack, or shield grab. If somebody like Pit or ROB are shooting a quick projectile at you, then dodge it an go in for an attack.

Edgeguarding: When an opponent is trying to recover from one of your attacks which you landed ever so smoothly, you need to predict what they will do to recover. To predict what they will do, you need to know how that person recovers when faced with a certain situation and what position they are in. What I have noticed is that if you dodge towards an adge, and do an up-B on the opponent at the right time they will be spiked, and will then tumble to their doom. You can also jump at them and do an aerial, but always beware them doing attacks on you, and killing you. If an opponent has limited recovering options, and them doing an attack will hinder their recovery, then you know that they're dead. You can dodge towards the edge, do a down-B off of the edge, and spike them. Only do that if you know that they won't dodge it and grab the edge, preventing you from using your tether recovery. If that somehow ends up happening, then you still have your second jump, you jump and do an aeirial on the edgehogger, then use you side-B or up-B to grab the edge.

Thanks for reading! Additions and critiques are very welcome. I will also add new information to this as I discover more, as everybody's knowledge of Brawl is limited at this point in time. This is my first guide, so I hope it was easy enough to read. See you on WiFi!

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
Some of the stuff I read in that is just way too general. It almost felt like you were just summarizing her moveset.
To predict what they will do, you need to know how that person recovers when faced with a certain situation and what position they are in.
That obviously depends on who your opponent is and what character they're using and how they use them.

ZSS's recovery is actually a lot more flexible than most characters. Do you jump and Down-B? Do you Down-B and jump? Do you jump and tether? Do you tether, drop, jump, tether, Down-B, tether? Just leave it at ZSS has a gimpable tether, but that she doesn't lose her ability to perform moves after doing any specials.

Also, her Forward-B is does NOT have a guaranteed tip. There are only two hitboxes on it, one at the barrel of the gun and one at the actual ball. Everything else is pure animation. The gun hitbox does not always push your opponent into it, most of the time when you happen to be falling onto them while doing it. Sometimes your opponent can land in between both hitboxes and be perfectly safe, as the ball does not move forward in an extending motion from the gun.

Sorry for seeming negative, but we have a load of topics in this forum that go into a lot of depth on approaching, recovery, and everything else.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Truthfully Sherigami after reading the first 3 paragraphs I realize you didn't know what you where talking about and stop.

It's a nice wall of text though but maybe you should search around before posting something like this.

sherigami

Smash Journeyman
It's just what I've noticed. I've been going on allisbrawl lately and havent been reading much on here so I just don't know a lot I guess

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
Sadly, Zamus is pretty boring and repetitive. I already knew everything that the TS said. Is this all Zamus is capable of? If that's true, Zamus is going to end up like Shiek in melee. The same combos over and over with a less than impressive recovery.

Cancel

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Diaz30
Yes I also enjoy playing as zss since she is one of mains. Do any of you want to add I need someone to have zss matches with.

Top Bottom