• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What games should I get?

Eric Song

Smash Rookie
I just got a wii u idk what games are good for this what should I get?

CORY

wut
BRoomer
well, wrong forum for this.

but, from my uninformed opinion, just get splatoon and bayonetta2 and those two games can pretty much justify the system purchase on their own.

kaizo13

Smash Champion
you should get Project M...i hear it's pretty good

Last edited:

BKTang'

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Konjiki-Jizo
3DS FC
1950-9517-4990
Bayonetta 1&2
Hyrule Warriors
SSBU
Mario Kart 8
Zelda Wind Waker
DK : Tropical Freeze
Mario 3D World
The Wonderful 101
Pikmin 3

And all the games on virtual console

Enjoy! :)

EDIT: Oh and I forgot Rayman Legends, I can't believe it!

Last edited:

the8thark

Smash Lord
If you don't have NintendoLand I'd recommend you get it on ebay for cheap. It's a great semi-casual game with lots of Nintendo characters in it and helps you to use the WiiU gamepad a lot. You won't get full use out of the game without a wiimote but for $20 (what I bought my NintendoLand for on Ebay) it's well worth it even if just with the WiiU Gamepad.

I am quite into Hyrule Warriors at the moment. It's not for everyone though. It's an acquired taste. But if it's your thing, there;s plenty of fun to have been had there.

Apart from that I'd really look at reviews and game videos and play as many demos you can (download the demos on the WiiU shop). That will help you choose what games you might like to get.

Also do not forget the WiiWare and Virtual console shops. Two games of note there are the NES Remix and NES Remix 2 games (on the WiiU shop). If you're a fan of the old NES games, then those 2 WiiU games give you a whole new way to play them. Think old NES games mixed with Wario Ware Inc. mini games. The challenges there are quite fun and not easy to get 3 stars on them all. Only recommended to fans of the NES era of games but if you are, they are a must buy in my opinion.

Also there is a lot of old Nintendo games on the virtual console if that's your thing. (just buy them on the WiiU shop and not the Wii shop).

Also do not forget you can play Wii games on your WiiU also. (I think the new WIiU's can still do this). If you can get a cheap wiimote somewhere then you're set. (But look for ones with wiimote+ inside as you need them for some games). I bought the Wiimote+ adapter for the original Wiimote as I owned the original Wiimote. But all in one or with remote both work fine but all in one is better as it's less bulky. Just rememver the all in one version says Wiimote plus or something similar on the controller as well. (also get a nunchuck accessory as well).
You might know all of this already, I don't know. If you do feel free to ignore it, but someone else here might not know it.

I have a question for you the original poster here.
What WiiU set did you get?
I got the black WiiU + monster hunter 3 Ultimate + WiiU gamepad + WiiU Pro Controller pack. My reasoning for that was, I wanted the pro controller without paying full price for it. I have not played Monster Hunter 3 much. But even if I tack on $20 more for NintendoLand from ebay I'm still ahead.
That's my story but what WiiU box did you choose. Knowing this will help us in recommending which WiiU games you might like to try.

If you don't already own Wii and Wiimote and are a fan of 3D Mario games I would recommend Super Mario Galaxy and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I'd have to say those 2 are my favourite games on the Wii. But that's just me talking, you can easily look for lots more Wii games. But remember Wii support might be dropped from the next gen Nintendo console, Ie the one after the WIiU.

My last point. Do not blindly buy games based on people's recommendations. Thank them for helping you then get the demo or look for video of the game to see if you'll like it. Everyone says Bayonetta 2 is amazing. I tried the demo and absolutely hated it so much. This does not mean Bayonetta 2 is a bad game. It just means it's not for me. Others love it though. And that's my point, you'll never know if a game is for you will you seriously look into it yourself. And it's best to do that before you buy the game.[/B][/B]

Last edited:

Spak

Hero of Neverwinter
Right now, my library of Wii U games consists of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Pikmin 3, Mario Kart 8, Super Mario Bros Wii U, Nintendo Land, and (soon) SSB4. I still have Wind Waker on the GC, so I have no need of a remake.

HarmakPaul

Smash Cadet
NNID
harmak
If you like long JRPGs, I'd recommend Xenoblade Chronicles X once it comes out if it's anything like the first game. There isn't much info, but I'm guessing that it will get a demo a while from now, so you could check it out then, or try the first game (if you can somehow get a copy of it). If you don't have the time for something like that or are not interested, that's fine

JipC

Smash Journeyman
I just got a wii u idk what games are good for this what should I get?
Out now
Super Mario 3D World (co-op platforming done right, equally amazing solo experience too though)
Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze (co-op is really awkward and bad in this one, play it solo)
Mario Kart 8
Wonderful 101
NintendoLand (kind of a miniature Mario Party, really cheap, basically the Wii Sports of WiiU, great with friends)
Wind Waker HD
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Sonic Lost World (this one I'd only recommend to hardcore platformer fans or hardcore Sonic fans)
Mighy Switch Force HD and 2

Multiplats (out on other systems as well as Wii U)
Rayman Legends
Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (I recommend getting the Pro Controller for this though)
Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed
Shovel Knight

Upcoming

Yoshi's Wooly World
Smash 4
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse
Splatoon

Also Bayonetta 2 and Hyrule Warriors just came out. Personally haven't played them yet but I hear they're both great. Bayonetta 2 also comes with Bayonetta 1

Last edited:
Top Bottom