• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What game are you playing to tide you over until Brawl comes out?

Beconn

Smash Rookie
I dont know about you but Im itching to play Brawl and I cant just sit around [or go outside, apparently:ohwell:]and just wait for this game, so Im playing Kid Icarus on the VC. its really fun but really hard. I dunno, maybe smash is the only game Im good at but its still fun.

So what game are you playing?
(and yes, i do go outside... sometimes... IM SORRY THAT IM BRUSHING UP ON MY SMASH SKILLS FOR BRAWL!! ILL GO OUTSIDE FEBRUARY 11, OK????)

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Mario Galaxy And LoZ: Phantom Hourglass. Also Link's Crossbow training, but that's so short it doesn't really count

So I should be good for a lil' while, specially with two GREAT games...

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Melee
Smash64

...What else is there?

(I guess there's always Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime Hunters...

And if there's time leftover, some breaks for Metroid Pinball)

:D

amost

Smash Apprentice
finally finished all the xenosaga games over the break... speaking of which-- KOS-MOS for brawl??? maybe?.... no?

still a pile of other random rpgs to get through

Wildman94

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try and get all 241 stars in Super Mario Galaxy, play some of the new Downloadable Content and try and master Hard in Guitar Hero 3, Play some Rock Band, and most likely play a lot of Melee to get ready for Brawl, because I haven't played Melee in a while.

..Or mabye just one or two of those things.

amost

Smash Apprentice
Gonna try and get all 241 stars in Super Mario Galaxy, play some of the new Downloadable Content and try and master Hard in Guitar Hero 3, Play some Rock Band, and most likely play a lot of Melee to get ready for Brawl, because I haven't played Melee in a while.

..Or mabye just one or two of those things.
you can get 242 (last one 2x)

RedKnight

Smash Ace
I got Galaxy for Christmas and my brother got Sunshine, Ocarina of Time from the VC and same with Mario Kart 64. Since I play all those games for him, Ill be okay.

amost

Smash Apprentice
I'm sorry for going off-topic, but I thought there was only 120 stars, then you unlocka super-secret unlockable....

Ah yes, Super Smash Brothers Brawl will be great. Stayed on-topic. ;)

****SPOILERS in black text*****

hmm yeah... after you get 120, you unlock the ability to play through the game again as luigi (a.k.a. mr.takes-4-seconds-to-stop).

After you get 120 stars with HIM, you unlock a final galaxy in which you can get 1 more extra star for both mario and luigi.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Playing Super Smash Bros. Melee (of course) and when no one is over to play that, I'm playing a mix of a few different RPG's. Playing Breath of Fire II at the moment. The Virtual Console needs more good RPG's.

ripman3

Smash Journeyman
besides melee:
a lot of mario strikers charged, some guitar hero 3 (beat it on expert =)), and a bit of city of heroes.
also been playing rock band a lot (although i dont own it, my gf and my other friends do)

if you haven't played charged, it's really good, go play it.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Majora's Mask. I've had it for so many years and never actually played through it.

It's a fantastic game, and I think it might actually top OOT for me.

gigasteve

Smash Ace
VC games (got Kid Icarus today), FE, and I beat Galaxy.
I play Melee almost every day.

Loftis

Smash Rookie
Radiant Dawn! I love Fire Emblem. And sharpening my Smash skills with Melee, as everyone else said.

Icarus Descent

Smash Ace
Super Mario Galaxy,working on getting 120 with Luigi.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I also play Naruto:Clash of Ninja Revolution.
Oh and I forgot Dragon Ball Z BT3 and Wii Play.
Sadly my baby brother broke my Super Smash Bros. Melee

TMS

Smash Journeyman
Guitar Hero III
Tales of Symphonia
Phantom Hourglass
Final Fantasy X
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Metroid

Needless tosay, I have a lot to beat before Brawl consumes my life.

Reckoning A16

Smash Apprentice
Galaxy (most beautiful game I've ever played)
Twilight Princess (awesome game, but I hate getting stuck on a certain part)
Melee (duh)

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Melee
Smash64

...What else is there?

(I guess there's always Metroid, Metroid II, Super Metroid, Metroid Fusion, Metroid Zero Mission, Metroid Prime, Metroid Prime 2, Metroid Prime 3, Metroid Prime Hunters...

Guitar Hero III
Tales of Symphonia
Phantom Hourglass
Final Fantasy X
NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Metroid

Needless tosay, I have a lot to beat before Brawl consumes my life.
See, this person's on the right track.

Good job.

:p

Pabs

Smash Cadet
Just started playing through Chrono Trigger again, and I'll probably start up Chrono Cross after I'm done. February 10th seems so far away :(

FFBlackmage456

Smash Rookie
Galaxy of course and Melee. I've also been playing a little Pokemon Pearl and some Advance Wars. I just beat Phoenix Wright 3 over break and I'm looking forward to Apollo Justice in February as well as Brawl.

PaperLink

Smash Journeyman
I've got quite the lot to play through until brawl. Now, I'm playing FF V, Assassin's Creed, and Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance. However, I'll have to pick up Advance Wars: Days of Ruin, Devil May Cry 4, and No more Heroes when they come out, as well as catch up on some games I missed (like Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles, Radiant Dawn, and The Orange Box). I'm gonna be busy for the next couple of weeks.

Oh, and don't forget Phoenix Wright 3 and Apollo Justice!

bastula

Smash Apprentice
NNID
secretanchitman
3DS FC
0130-1885-4238
Switch FC
SW-2373-3239-8999
final fantasy 12, metal gear solid 3: snake eater, and i might feel like going through super mario world, super metroid, zelda ocarina of time, and ff8 again if i happen to finish those games or want another game to beat.

Gaplka

Smash Cadet
I'll be playing More Melee.
Guitar Hero 3 some more.
Galaxy (Mario 120/121, Luigi 97/121)
Final Fantasy 12

Kingdom Hearts 2: Final Mix+, I want to beat it again. (I unlocked Birth by Sleep and defeated Enigmatic Soldier 3 times on critical mode) But this time I'm going to use "EXP0" so I can't level up.

I'm going to Get Kingdom Hearts 1 Final Mix and Beat that on Proud.

I'm Going to buy the Original Kingdom Hearts 1 in Japanese and beat that. (It has one difficulty, No Sephiroth, and some other weird glitches not in the US version)

The Director

Smash Lord
I just finished Galaxy completely. I got 121 stars with both Mario and Luigi.

Right now I'm finishing up FFXII. I stopped playing it back in August. I had just finished up playing one night and said, "I'll keep playing tomorrow night." Yeah. Haven't played since. So I just started playing that again last night.

And when that's finished, I'll probably move onto Halo 3 if there's any time before Brawl comes out because one thing's for sure: once Brawl comes out...I'm not playing everything else. Brawl every night.

SolidSonic

Smash Ace
Right now I'm playing Rock Band and Assassins Creed.

Just finished Twilight Princess a few days ago.

Melee
Smash64

...What else is there?

Expand yo horizons. :laugh:

devious_nucleus

Smash Cadet
long story short, i don't have access to any console until feb 1 ish, so i'm stuck on the intanet trying to avoid japanesian spoilers. it will test my willpower greatly.

Saymus

Smash Apprentice
Expand yo horizons. :laugh:
Like to... Monopoly or something?

lol.... I'm actually playing custom GH2, GH3, and hopefully Rock Band. And maybe pokemon pearl, tetris ds, yoshi's island ds... and perhaps Ikaruga inbetween.

(there. guitar hero, rpg, puzzle, platformer, and shooter. *expanded*)

listentomook

Smash Apprentice
Smash Bros: Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash - prepping for that new mario kart level lol
Warcraft 3....Orcs for brawl?

Am I the only sonic fan to be playing [[Sonic 3 <<LOCKED ON>> Sonic & Knuckles]] in honor of sonic confirmation??? Cuz if your not...you aint a sonic fan and your not allowed to main with him......

HEY LOOK HYPER SONIC!!!

Top Bottom