• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What exactly is ledge cancelling?

abuufnar

Smash Rookie
I'm a fairly new puff player, and my combo game and fundamentals are pretty strong, such as movement, auto cancelling, and spacing. I'm seeing the ledge cancel being used a lot on some of the guides on this thread and I was just wondering what it meant (I might know the concept by another name. I know this might not be the best forum to post in since it's a general tech question but I trust puff players.

Mtank

Smash Cadet
Its a simple concept that im sure you already understand. AFAIK its just cancelling your aerial land lags by ledge cancelling them. Say someone's on a platform and you go for a bair from center stage that would cover most of that platform. If you bair and continue moving you will end up at the right end of the platform and can easily hit the ledge and cancel bairs land lag.
EDIT: I looked up ledge cancelling and the example I used is actually the exact situation shown in gif on this page :p
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ledge-canceling

Last edited:

abuufnar

Smash Rookie
Its a simple concept that im sure you already understand. AFAIK its just cancelling your aerial land lags by ledge cancelling them. Say someone's on a platform and you go for a bair from center stage that would cover most of that platform. If you bair and continue moving you will end up at the right end of the platform and can easily hit the ledge and cancel bairs land lag.
EDIT: I looked up ledge cancelling and the example I used is actually the exact situation shown in gif on this page :p
http://www.ssbwiki.com/Ledge-canceling
Hey thanks for the replies it helps a lot, I've performed and practiced that concept I just never knew what it was called.

Top Bottom