• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

What does "Lab" exactly mean in terms of Competitive Smash Bros.

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Is the Lab like practicing your tech skill in Melee with L-canceling, shining (fox,falco), wavedashing, and etc.? For Smash 4 is it like practicing mechanics, hitboxes, combos, and advanced techniques in training mode? Thanks

Last edited:

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Short for "laboratory," basically refers to training mode and other practice sessions where you would learn and experiment with your character of choice.

Similarly, "tech" or "technology" means some move or other that obviously took a lot of skill to learn, practice, and execute. The move in question may or may not be specific to your character.

Last edited:

Trickerhere

Smash Ace
Short for "laboratory," basically refers to training mode and other practice sessions where you would learn and experiment with your character of choice.

Similarly, "tech" or "technology" means some move or other that obviously took a lot of skill to learn, practice, and execute. The move in question may or may not be specific to your character.
Okay thank you for explaining this!

byebye

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BigByeBee
I always thought "tech" means "technique". :|

Fox Is Openly Deceptive

Smash Detective
Administrator
BRoomer
I wasn't aware that 'lab' was even a smash term. But I guess there are a lot of people using it as a term from what a brief search tells me. I guess I'll add it. It can't hurt.

For future reference though, these kinds of posts should go in The Smash Dictionary. You'll find everything there including 'shine' and 'tech'. Don't make separate threads asking such questions. Thank you.

Top Bottom